In-Home Delivery Driver (Full Time)
Department: Delivery & Maintenance
Pay Rate: $25/hr
Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday 6:30am - Work Complete
When you join the Homemakers team, you will be part of an established company with a 40-year tradition of providing quality products to our customers, as well as a family and growth-oriented company culture for our employees. You’ll find a wide variety of opportunities for development and advancement with Homemakers, as well as set schedule options, competitive pay, and a fantastic benefits package.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our full-time employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax health and dependent care accounts
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Profit sharing
- Short-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Closed most major holidays
- Advancement opportunities
We are looking for a reliable Delivery Driver who can provide exceptional customer service by transporting furniture and mattresses into customer’s homes in a safe and timely manner. This position will be an essential part of a team and be responsible for communicating with the customer, establishing rapport and delivering a superior customer experience.
To be successful, you must be pro-active, have strong assessment skills and be willing to provide constructive feedback to your team and managers. In addition, being flexible will be needed so that you can adjust to daily variations that you’ll encounter. Ensuring that customer orders are properly fulfilled, being committed to safety and being passionate about making the customer happy will be critically important.
Essential Position Accountabilities
Responsible for getting the right product to the right customer at the scheduled time and engaging with customer as the representative of Homemakers.
- Conduct vehicle inspection before departing to deliver goods
- Pack, load and secure product inside the truck according to Homemakers’ specifications
- Statewide and metropolitan area driving using Google maps
- Assists other drivers with dispatch calls, customer calls, directions and other communication as needed
- Courteous and customer focused to ensure the upmost customer satisfaction
- Unload product from truck, take furniture inside the customer’s home, at times going up and down stairs if needed
- Abide by all transportation laws and maintain a safe driving record
- Lift product up to 75-100 lbs.
- Responsible for communicating and resolving any customer concerns as they should arise, in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to use company tablet to complete delivery transactions including delivery confirmations
- Use a variety of tools and equipment in performing duties
- Ensures that all Company vehicles are kept clean and any mechanical issues are reported immediately
- Maintains fuel levels and minor maintenance checks to ensure safe operation of vehicles
- Provides feedback to management regarding efficiencies, safety, productivity, etc.
- Follow all operational and safety procedures
- The above responsibilities and additional duties may vary as assigned
- Delivery experience
- 1-2 years warehouse experience
- Strong time management capabilities
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Valid driver’s license with: No DWI convictions within the last seven years AND no more than two moving violations and/or accidents in the last seven years
- Must be 21 years of age
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
- Minor maintenance skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Able to work extra hours as business needs
- Initiative to follow through on routine and scheduled maintenance tasks
- Respect - Follows Homemakers Core Values of honesty and integrity, customer loyalty, quality products and services, teamwork and cost effectiveness.
- Motivation - Commitment to the assigned task. Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. A self-starter.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Willing to work with a sense of urgency. Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
- Teamwork - Demonstrates a willingness to work with a team.
- Adaptability - Demonstrates a willingness to adapt to changing circumstances and work flow.
- Attendance - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Driving truck
- Hand movements, simple grasping, firm grasping, and fine manipulating
- Weight carried or lifted 75-100 lbs.
- Push/Pull/Maneuver Equipment/Products/Material weighing from 1-100 lbs.
- Must be able to work at varying heights
- Work inside/outside of store, warehouse grounds, and building facilities
- Work inside customer homes
- Some exposure to hot/cold weather conditions
- Dusty surroundings and noisy work environment
- No smoking/vaping allowed in Homemakers trucks at ANY time, no smoking prior to entering the vehicles for the day or following breaks as you are representing Homemakers and smoking residue lingers on furniture and in the truck’s interior
Background check, pre-employment drug screen are required.
Homemakers is a tobacco and drug-free workplace. EOE