Call Center Representative (Full Time)
Department: Customer Contact Center
PAY: $17.50 per hour
Full Time: Must be available to work evenings and Saturdays with 2 consecutive days off.
When you join the Homemakers team, you will be part of an established company with a 40-year tradition of providing quality products to our customers, as well as a family and growth-oriented company culture for our employees. You’ll find a wide variety of opportunities for development and advancement with Homemakers, as well as set schedule options, competitive pay, and a fantastic benefits package.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our full-time employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax health and dependent care accounts
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Short-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Closed most major holidays
- Advancement opportunities
This person is responsible for contacting the customer via phone calls to ensure that communication between Homemakers and our customers is accurate, professional, and timely regarding the customer's furniture delivery. In addition, this person is responsible for all paperwork needed for documentation both pre and post-delivery.
- Responsible for routing shipment deliveries for the following day, creating routes for the drivers.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong computer, typing, and data entry skills
- Works well with little supervision
- Attentive to detail when reading reports
- Organizational skills
- Strong oral communication skills dealing with internal and external customers via the phone
- Able to work nights and weekends
- Provides feedback to management regarding efficiencies, safety, productivity, etc.
- Follow all operational and safety procedures
- The above responsibilities and additional duties may vary as assigned
- High School or GED
- 1-2 year customer service experience a plus
- Must be able to work evenings and Saturdays
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic computer and phone etiquette skills
- Strong problem solving and reasoning ability
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Extended sitting at a desk for work on a computer
- Will work indoors
- Conditions may include hot/cold temperatures, dusty surroundings, and a noisy work environment
A background check is required.
Homemakers is a tobacco and drug-free workplace. EOE