Warehouse Customer Pickups (Part Time) (Part Time)
Department: Pick Ups
Part-Time Hourly Rate: $16
Currently hiring for WEEKEND help only.
When you join the Homemakers team, you will be part of an established company with a 40-year tradition of providing quality products to our customers, as well as a family and growth-oriented company culture for our employees. You’ll find a wide variety of opportunities for development and advancement with Homemakers, as well as set schedule options, competitive pay, and a fantastic benefits package.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our part-time employees:
- 401(k) with company match
- Profit sharing
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Closed most major holidays
- Advancement opportunities
As a pickups loader associate, you will be responsible for loading customers’ vehicles with purchased products. You will also be assisting fellow employees with daily duties (in and outside the department), from sweeping and cleaning the pickups department or warehouse to loading customers and working within the department.
- Load the purchased product into customer vehicle
- Handle the product properly while moving it from one location to another
- Engage customers with friendly conversation
- Verify customers by checking photo ID and obtain acknowledgment of receipt of product by getting signature
- Follow all operational and safety procedures
- The above responsibilities and additional duties may vary as assigned
We are looking for a solid, reliable worker with a strong work ethic, as well as a positive and engaging personality. You must be highly organized and detail-oriented while still being able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, particularly during weekend hours. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as outstanding customer service skills.
Specific qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Warehouse experience a plus
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with high customer contact
- Positive/helpful attitude towards management, co-workers and customers
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including nights, weekends and/or early morning hours based on business needs
- Standing/walking for long periods of time
- Bending and lifting frequently
- Pushing and pulling objects
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and more with assistance
- Will work indoors and outdoors
- Conditions may include hot/cold temperatures, dusty surroundings and noisy work environment
Background check is required.
Homemakers is a tobacco and drug-free workplace. EOE