Software Developer (Full Time)
Full-Time: Must be able to work our corporate office hours. Possibility of hybrid remote/telecommute.
When you join the Homemakers team, you will be part of an established company with a 40-year tradition of providing quality products to our customers, as well as a family and growth-oriented company culture for our employees. You’ll find a wide variety of opportunities for development and advancement with
Homemakers, as well as set schedule options, competitive pay, and a fantastic benefits package.
Our full-time team members enjoy a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (health and dependent care)
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Short-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Closed most major holidays
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
Responsible for design, planning, and execution of relational and multi-dimensional queries, data integration, data sourcing, governance, quality assurance, and documentation.
- Design and develop enterprise-wide data analysis and reporting systems.
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Filter and “clean” data, and review computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Connect API data as needed via SOAP, REST, etc.
- Provides feedback to management regarding efficiencies, safety, productivity, etc.
- Follow all operational and safety procedures.
- The above responsibilities and additional duties may vary as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is preferred but not required.
- 2+ years of experience in SQL development or related field.
- Technical expertise regarding database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Adept at relational and multi-dimensional queries and report writing.
- Experienced in working with retail data or with CRM systems.
A background check is required.
Homemakers is a tobacco and drug-free workplace. EOE