Corporate HR Benefits Assistant 3 (Full Time)
Location: Ditty Ave
Corporate HR Benefits Assistant 3
Responsible for supporting the Corporate Benefits Specialist in the administration of all company benefits with a demonstrated commitment to exemplary customer service, consultative approach to problem solving, successfully maintain high ethical standards, and the ability to develop trusting professional relationships. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES include the following. Other duties as assigned.
• Assist in identifying monthly eligibility and coordinate employee enrollment in benefits programs
• Perform data entry of benefits information in HRMS, Third Party Administrator systems and internal tracking census
• Provide information to employees on all benefit-related questions and assist employees with benefit enrollment forms
• Track employee hours worked, change in employee status and complete ACA lookback period calculations
• Complete Employee Status Change and Information Change forms and submit to payroll when necessary
• Coordinate and conduct weekly and monthly newly eligible benefits enrollment
• Assist in maintaining inventory and preparation of employee benefit packets, enrollment materials and other employee benefit communications
• Responsible for maintaining compliance with HIPPA
• Assist in serving as a liaison between employees and the TPA
• Assist eligible employees with securing a health care home/PCP for themselves and dependents
• Assist part time employees in locating available health care options and social service programs
• Participate in and support the coordination of all benefit enrollment events including store level annual open enrollments and 401(k) meetings
• Assist with creating and maintaining 401(k) distribution packets and collection of forms for processing
• Enter enrollment information is Sage programs
• Responsible for completing benefit notifications and portability packets for termed benefit enrolled employees
• Assist in maintaining electronic and paper benefit files and records, assuring accuracy, compliance, and confidentiality
• Perform general clerical duties including but not limited to; filing, scanning, photocopying, faxing, mailing
• Ability to travel between all locations when required
• Assist employees with tuition reimbursement program
• Special projects as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience in benefits administration
• Preferred HR Certificate/AA Human Resources
• A minimum of 3 years experience in an administrative role
• One year of human resources experience in benefits administration
• Prior experience with self-funded health plan and third party administrators
• One year of experience on a Human Resource Information System (HRIS) and/or payroll system
• Preferred experience in physician billing practices, insurance company payments and explanation of benefits
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills, well organized and detailed oriented
• Strong analytical skills and thorough knowledge of plan design
• Must be able to competently use MS Word, Outlook, and Power Point
• Intermediate Excel skills required
• Must be able to do basic math (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication)
• Bilingual, English/Spanish is preferred
• Ability to read, comprehend, and write simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
• Ability to write simple correspondence and ensure English/Spanish translation
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to employees and outside vendors
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
• Ability to calculate hours and years worked, overall averages during designated time periods, and identify trends
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
• Ability to prioritize competing and time sensitive projects
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• HIPPA Certification
• California Sexual Harassment Prevention Certificate
• Valid CA Driver’s License
• Proof of current registration and insurance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands and fingers to operate a keyboard or mouse, handle and feel phones, files and paperwork. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally bend and twist at waist and neck, and lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate while working in the office. On occasion the work environment may entail being outdoors, in store locations or a warehouse where there is intermittent noise from machinery, work activity and overhead speakers.