Corporate Accounts Payable - Entry Level (Full Time)
Location: Ditty Ave
Corporate Accounts Payable Clerk - Entry Level
Wage: $19.00/HR - $24.00/HR
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for compiling and maintaining accounting records relating to processing Invoices and Payments to vendors which includes but is not limited to coding, posting, proofing, reconciling, and paying invoices. The AP clerk receives, researches, and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, communicates with all appropriate persons to resolve any discrepancies, strives to meet all internal and external accounting cycle deadlines, files and maintains accounting records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· A minimum of 1 year experience in an administrative role with knowledge of clerical practices and procedures.
· General knowledge of accounting principles required.
· Prefer some experience in accounts payable.
· Prefer some experience using an accounting program.
· Ability to read, comprehend, and write short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Harassment prevention training certificate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands and fingers to operate a keyboard or mouse, handle and feel phones, files and paperwork. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally bend and twist at the waist and neck and lift/carry/move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate while working in the office. On occasion the work environment may entail being in a warehouse, store location, or being outside where there is intermittent noise from machinery, activity, and overhead speakers.