Front End Customer Service Manager (Full Time)
Location: Cotati, Ditty Ave, Montecito, Stony Point, Windsor
Department: Front End
Front End Customer Service Manager
Shift - All Shifts (Complete Open Availability) - Weekends Required
As Front End Customer Service Manager you are directly responsible for the execution and management of the day-to-day operations of the Front End. Responsible for leading, motivating, training, developing and managing the customer service staff with a focus on creating and fostering customer engagement while providing customers with outstanding customer service. Responsible for the financial aspects of the front end operations of the store. Responsible for administering performance goal tests, assessing customer service statistics, identifying areas of improvement, making strategic decisions, and deploying strategies focused toward the Company mission of providing the best customer service experience for our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to effectively lead from the company’s Mission Statement
- Responsible for management, training, mentoring and development of the Front End staff
- Responsible for Utility Clerk training following the Company UC Training Manual
- Effective training of all Front End Store Leads on procedures from opening through closing duties
- Maintain knowledge of the store’s sales program including ad items and special pricing
- Ensure cash control are maintained per company standards
- Ability to create an environment where staff can excel through encouragement and empowerment
- Ability to take ownership of customer issues and follow problems through to resolution
- Responsible for front of store and parking lot conditions
- Responsible for oversight of entire store in collaboration with Store Lead team from 6pm top close
- Collaborate with First Assistants and Operations Manager on check stand merchandising plan and execution
- Serve as the backup money counter when needed
- Communicate in a clear and professional manner with POS
- Responsible for attainment of budgeted financial targets for the Front End
- Open availability but most often responsible for mid-shift management
- Must be available on all critical holidays and days of high volume
- Responsible for completing all Human Resources administration and compliance duties
- You are expected to conduct your affairs with integrity and in accordance with all policies outlined in the company’s handbook
- You are responsible for all communication and administration necessary for the successful completion of your duties
- Ensure compliance of all Health and Safety standards
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and local laws
- Your job duties will also include any additional duties deemed appropriate by the Store Director
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the grocery industry
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a cashier
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, well organized and detailed oriented.
- Must possess a strong work ethic.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills; written and oral.
- Must have strong work ethic and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to lead and train.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Financial acumen and ability to read and interpret financial statements.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and programs associated with this position.
- Ability to make decisions quickly and effectively.
- Self-motivated, self-directed and able to multitask.
- Detail oriented with strong management skills.
- A working knowledge of the stores day-to-day operations.
- Ability to work well with others and as part of a team.
- Ability to perform all physical requirements of position.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and write simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to employees, vendors and the community.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
TRAININGS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Checker Training
- Lead Training
- CA Harassment Prevention Certificate
- ABC Certificate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duty of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, squat, reach and kneel.
- The employee must frequently talk or hear and reach with both hands and arms above and below the shoulder.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit when performing administrative duties.
- The employee must be able to bend and twist at waist and neck.
- The employee must be able to use their fingers to operate a register, keyboard and mouse.
- The employee must occasionally lift and carry up to or over 50 pounds items and regularly lift items up to 25 pounds.
- The employee must be able to tolerate repetitive reaching, handling, grasping, pushing, pulling gripping and manipulation of hands and fingers in order to scan and ring up customer orders.
- The employee must be able to tolerate intermittent noise from customers, registers, machinery and overhead speakers.
- The employee must be able to occasionally work around heavy equipment and machinery such as but not limited to: a forklift, bailers, pallet jack.
- The employee must be able to tolerate moderate amounts of dust, chemical fumes from common household cleaning agents.
- The employee must wear non-slip shoes at all times.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive Wages & Benefits
- Medical, Dental, And Vision
- 401 (k) retirement
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Time off and Sick Time
- Flex Spending Account for Medical & Dependent Care
- Regular Wage Increases
- Commuter Benefits
- Safety Incentive Program
- Career Development and Growth Opportunities