Support Loss Prevention (Full Time)
Location: Cotati, Ditty Ave, Montecito, Stony Point, Windsor
SHIFTS: Evening/Closing - Weekends Required
An individual interested in a loss prevention role will be responsible for preventing shoplifter theft as well as employee theft in a retail environment. Loss prevention officers monitor surveillance cameras and walk around the store watching shoppers while remaining as hidden as possible.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Able to defuse high tension situations
- High emotional intelligence
- Superior observational skill
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Overall support for the managers and store leads, especially after 6 PM. This could be anything from helping to bring in items, pulling down shades, etc.
- Take control of any theft situations and deal with the police when necessary
- Write reports
- Use the camera system to look up old footage and burn video if necessary. They should be proficient in all areas of how the camera system works.
- Monitor public areas for potential threats
- Assist store leads when approaching difficult situations. I.e., disruptive customers or customers with non-approved animals.
- Help store staff enforce rules with customers in a peaceful manner.
- Make sure all back doors are locked up by 5:00pm each night and anything of value is brought in
- When time allows, help departments bring in items.
- Open the back doors for maintenance and dairy to take out trash, empty milk crates, cardboard bales, etc.
- Help ensure the store is clear of customers at the end of the night.
- Walk employees out to their cars at night.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive Wages & Benefits
- Medical, Dental, And Vision
- 401 (k) retirement
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Time off and Sick Time
- Flex Spending Account for Medical & Dependent Care
- Regular Wage Increases
- Commuter Benefits
- Safety Incentive Program
- Career Development and Growth Opportunities