Director of Special Events (Full Time)
Division: Food and Beverage
This is an exciting opportunity for a customer-focused, responsive, and strategic individual to join our growing Special Events team as the Director of Special Events. The Director of Special Events will be responsible for managing the daily operation of the Special Events Department, and for providing strong leadership through effective organization, communication, supervision, training, and relationship building.
Farmington Country Club is a premier, full-service private club in Central Virginia. Farmington is a member-owned club founded in 1927, and recognized as a Platinum Club of America. Portions of the clubhouse date to 1780, and were designed by Thomas Jefferson. The grounds of Farmington Country Club cover 275 landscaped acres and include the clubhouse, guest rooms, athletic facilities, tennis courts and golf course.
The club has two restaurants, a formal dining room and a grill restaurant, seating a total of 300; each has its own kitchen. In addition, there are private dining rooms seating 100, 50, 40 and 12, a ballroom seating 250 and two seasonal snack bars. Sports facilities include a 27-hole golf course, 15 outdoor and three indoor tennis courts, three paddle tennis courts, a swimming complex with diving and lap pools and a zero-depth recreation area, and a professionally staffed fitness center. Club facilities include 40 guest rooms.
- Management of Special Events Department
- Hire, train, and supervise the Event Planning staff including their assigned events, schedules and performance reviews
- Responsible for all details and communications from Planning department to Operations including daily updates and running weekly Event Department (BEO) meetings.
- Develop annual department budget and marketing plans and take responsibility for their achievement.
- Club Event Design & Planning
- Plan the Club Event calendar, budget, design, and market over 30 events for the Membership
- Represent the Club at Club Social & Holiday events as the Spokesperson of the Food & Beverage Department
- Serve as a staff liaison to the House Committee, providing leadership and administrative support
- Work with the Executive Chef and Banquet Operations Manager to plan event menus and other culinary details for special events
- Private Social & Corporate Event Sales Planning
- Work with members and guests to arrange personal, social and corporate events
- Ensure proper and timely communication of event information to other department managers, as appropriate
- Establish and maintain relationships with outside vendors
- Ensure accurate and timely event billing
- Work with the Event Operations Manager to ensure service consistency
- Work with the Event Operations Manager to develop and implement service training programs and materials
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Full benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, generous paid time off, and 401K and club-funded retirement plans
- Commitment to a five-day workweek that provides an excellent quality of life
- A minimum of 5 years or similar of supervisory experience in a restaurant, resort, hotel, or club environment;
- College degree in Hospitality Management or Business preferred;
- Event Planning Experience required
Please select apply now below to:
- Create an account
- Attach your resume, cover letter, and salary history
- Complete and submit your application