Bar Server-Bar1200 (Part Time)
Location: West Hollywood, CA
At the Sunset Marquis you're working at the crossroads of entertainment, luxury, and hospitality, where there's never a dull moment!
The Bar Server is responsible for taking and serving guest orders, upselling, and ensuring proper cash handling and credit procedures, while exceeding guest expectations by providing friendly, prompt, and attentive service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
Suggest, sell, and serve beverages to guests in Bar1200.
Adhere to all cash handling and credit policies and procedures.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons, and drunk driving.
Properly and thoroughly set-up all areas of Bar1200; perform all pre-opening, opening, and closing side work duties during shift (e.g. ensure that floor drains are clear of debris).
Check identification to verify legal age (21) requirements for all guests.
- Must be able to cross-train in other F&B related areas.
- Displays a high level of professional integrity and ethical conduct.
- Maintain calmness and composure under high levels of pressure.
- Adapt to frequent change, fast paced environment, delays, or unexpected events.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and uses time efficiently and effectively.
- Displays outstanding attendance.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education include:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2-3 year's related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High volume, fast-paced work environment experience preferred.
- Aloha experience is a plus.
- Food Handler’s card is required.
- Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) Certification is required.
- Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) certification is required.
- Proficient in English- verbal and written.
- Must have flexible work availability- all shifts, weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Requirements include:
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity and inclusion. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Please click the following to see our complete equal employment opportunity policy.