Pantry Cook (PM) (Full Time)
Location: West Hollywood, CA
At the Sunset Marquis you're working at the crossroads of entertainment, luxury, and hospitality, where there's never a dull moment!
The Pantry Cook is responsible for the preparation and presentation of cold food, sandwiches, hot appetizers, and pastries to maintain consistency and high quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Must be able to cross-train in other kitchen related areas.
- Responsible for the proper preparation and presentation for all F&B outlets of cold food, sandwiches, hot appetizers, and pastries to maintain consistency and high quality to hotel standards.
- Properly label, date, and store all food. Adhere to FIFO (first in first out) rotation.
- Properly and thoroughly set-up designated work area(s); complete all opening, closing, and side work duties during shift.
- Monitor and ensure proper temperatures and working conditions of food and equipment.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely.
- Displays high level of professional integrity and ethical conduct.
- Maintain calmness and composure under high levels of pressure.
- Adapt to frequent change, fast paced environment, delays, or unexpected events.
- Pays close attention to details.
- Ability to multitask and uses time efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and communication skills.
- Is dependable and demonstrates an outstanding attendance record and is punctual.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education include:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 – 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Luxury hotel experience preferred.
- High volume, fast-paced work environment experience preferred.
- Food Handlers card is required.
- Basic English- verbal (preferred).
- Must have flexible work availability- all shifts, weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Requirements include:
- The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Salary Range: $22.00/hr - $24.00/hr
We are an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity and inclusion. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Please click the following to see our complete equal employment opportunity policy.