Kitchen Steward (PM) (Full Time)
Location: West Hollywood, CA
At the Sunset Marquis you're working at the crossroads of entertainment, luxury, and hospitality, where there's never a dull moment!
The Kitchen Steward is primarily responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of dishes, tableware, glassware, pots, pans, and silverware through manual and machine cleaning methods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Must be able to cross-train in other kitchen related areas.
- Operate dish washing machinery and maintain a hygienic working environment in accordance with cleanliness and sanitation regulations and hotel standards.
- Responsible for receiving kitchen deliveries; properly label, date, and store in designated storage(s), while adhering to FIFO (first in first out) procedures.
- Monitor, replenish, clean, and organize food areas of employee cafeteria during dining hours.
- Displays high level of professional integrity and ethical conduct.
- Maintain calmness and composure under high levels of pressure.
- Adapt to frequent change, fast paced environment, delays, or unexpected events.
- Is dependable and demonstrates an outstanding attendance record and is punctual.
- Ability to multitask and uses time efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and communication skills.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education include:
- No prior experience or training necessary.
- Basic English- verbal (preferred).
- Food Handlers card is required.
- Must have flexible work availability- all shifts, weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Requirements include:
- The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Salary Range: $19.00/hr - $21.00/hr
We are an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity and inclusion. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Please click the following to see our complete equal employment opportunity policy.