Line Cook (PM) (Full Time)
Location: West Hollywood, CA
At the Sunset Marquis you're working at the crossroads of entertainment, luxury, and hospitality, where there's never a dull moment!
The Line Cook is primarily responsible for the preparation and presentation of hot food, appetizers, and entrees to maintain consistency and high quality according to hotel standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Must be able to cross-train in other kitchen related areas.
- Responsible for the preparation and presentation of hot foods, appetizers, and entrees.
- Responsible for checking daily master prep list and assigned station daily tasks; adhere to recipes and hotel standards.
- Monitor and ensure proper temperatures and working conditions of food and equipment.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area, while following all safety and sanitation procedures.
- Adhere to all Health Department, sanitation, and safety regulations as required by the hotel.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Maintain calmness and composure under high levels of pressure.
- Adapt to frequent change, fast paced environment, delays, or unexpected events.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and uses time efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and communication skills.
- Is dependable and demonstrates an outstanding attendance record and is punctual.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education include:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 3 – 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Luxury hotel experience preferred.
- High volume, fast-paced work environment experience preferred.
- Food Handlers card is required.
- Intermediate English- verbal and written.
- Proficient in Spanish- verbal (preferred).
- Must have flexible work availability- all shifts, weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Requirements include:
- The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Salary Range: $23.00/hr - $25.00/hr
We are an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity and inclusion. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Please click the following to see our complete equal employment opportunity policy.