Pastry Cook (Full Time)
Location: West Hollywood, CA
At the Sunset Marquis you're working at the crossroads of entertainment, luxury, and hospitality, where there's never a dull moment!
The Pastry Cook is responsible for the organization, preparation, presentation, and baking of pastries for restaurant service, scheduled events, and special requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate skill in baking pastries, desserts, cakes, cookies, sweets, and pies.
- Assist the Executive Chef in pastry menu creativity, development, productions, and implementation.
- Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to departmental standards.
- Organize and execute pastry orders for catered events and accommodating special requests.
- Meet with the Executive Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes, and other pertinent information.
- Must be able to cross-train in other kitchen related areas, specifically Pantry.
- Displays a high level of professional integrity and ethical conduct.
- Maintain calmness and composure under high levels of pressure.
- Adapt to frequent change, fast paced environment, delays, or unexpected events.
- Pays close attention to details.
- Ability to multitask and use time efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and communication skills.
- Is dependable and demonstrates an outstanding attendance record and is punctual.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education include:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 – 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Luxury hotel experience preferred.
- High volume, fast-paced work environment experience preferred.
- Food Handlers card is required.
- Proficient in English- verbal & written.
- Proficient in Spanish- verbal (preferred).
- Must have flexible work availability- all shifts, weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Requirements include:
The employee will frequently walk, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Salary Range: $23.00 - $25.00
We are an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity and inclusion. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Please click the following to see our complete equal employment opportunity policy.