Accounting Clerk (Full Time)
Location: West Hollywood, CA
At the Sunset Marquis you're working at the crossroads of entertainment, luxury, and hospitality, where there's never a dull moment!
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for providing accounting support within the department. Enters data into the accounting system, ensures files are complete, accurate, and maintained, supports accounts payable and accounts receivable duties, and assists accounting personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities .
- Open mail and match invoices to purchase orders; process bills for payment; distribute invoices to their proper departments.
- Perform accounting and clerical functions to support accounting personnel.
- Input financial transactions into the accounting system accurately and efficiently.
- Perform quarterly bank audits for employees who have an issued bank contract with accounting.
- Transmit travel agent disbursements on a weekly basis, ensuring the accuracy of the file prior to transmittal.
- Research and respond to all individual travel agent commission inquiries in a timely manner.
- Prepare server service charges and tips for submission to Accounting Manager for approval.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems, while exercising good judgment.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, while maintaining a sense of urgency.
- Is dependable and demonstrates an outstanding attendance record and is punctual.
- Adapt to frequent change, fast paced environment, delays, or unexpected events
- Displays a high level of professional integrity and ethical conduct.
- Displays professional appearance and presence, abiding by company standards.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education include.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or 2-3 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Luxury hotel and/or luxury residence experience preferred.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Computer and Software Skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications - Excel, Word, Outlook. Opera PMS experience is a plus.
- MICROS POS system experience is a plus.
Physical Requirements include:
- The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Salary Range: $22.00 - $26.00
We are an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity and inclusion. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Please click the following to see our complete equal employment opportunity policy.