Painter (Full Time)
Reports to: Lead Maintenance Supervisor
Starting Pay: $18.50
Summary: Utilizing up to date techniques and methods, apply a variety of finishes on surfaces ranging from concrete to drywall including but not limited to taping, texturing, drywall repairs/patches, exotic textures, lacers, varnishes, epoxies, stains and paint of all colors. Demonstrate the ability to operate all types of painting equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities: Specific areas of responsibility included, but not limited to:
• Maintain all paintable surfaces within the area of responsibilities as outlined within the Facilities Department.
• Repair damage to walls in all areas, matching existing textures, colors, and types of paint, wallpaper and or finish.
• Tape, texture, seal and paint all new construction as per specifications and/or to match existing.
• Order supplies as needed and keep stock on hand to complete damaged areas as soon as possible.
• Maintain accurate records of color charts and finishes utilized throughout the casino, hotel, conference center and outlying buildings and structures.
• Apply stains, varnishes and lacers to millwork as per specifications.
• Repair stained, varnished, or lacquered surfaces, blending in and matching existing work.
• Mix colors to achieve desired finish or match existing.
• Knowledgeable in the operation of airless paint sprayers, compressors, cup-guns, and associated equipment.
• Ability to apply wallpaper, caulking, sand, mask-off and prepare all types of surfaces for paint or finish.
• Coordinate work schedules with other departments and shops in order to keep inconvenience to a minimum.
• Perform other duties as needed.
• Knowledge of up to date techniques and methods in applying tape, texture, paint, varnish, stain, epoxy, lacers and other finishes.
• Ability to operate and maintain airless paint sprayer, compressor, cup-gun, and associated equipment.
• Knowledge in surface preparation prior to applying paint or other finishes.
• Ability to maintain inventory of paint and supplies to meet demand.
• Skill in applying and matching colors, textures, and finishes.
• Ability to maintain records and keep reports.
• Skill in mixing custom colors to meet desired tone and/or to match existing.
• Knowledge in all safety practices associated with the daily duties of a journeyman painter.
• Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the application technique.
• Proper utilization of equipment associated with painting, staining, finishing, taping, texturing and mixing colors and finishes.
• Completion of an accredited apprenticeship program as a painter, or any equivalent combination of experience and or education from which
comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
• Able to obtain a valid non-gaming license.
• Ability to work weekends, holidays, various hours, and special events.
• Monitor and assess all operations within designed areas of responsibility to ensure safety procedures are followed.
• Ability to work all shifts, weekends, holidays, special events, promotions, with various hours.
• This position occasionally and for extended periods of time requires "On
Call" status, which dictates various working hours occurring anytime within
the 24/7 hours of operation of the business.
• Team Members whose work requires operation of a motor vehicle must maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record which is acceptable
to our insurer.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs., bend, kneel, stoop, and climb ladders.
• Must attend State, Federal, Tribal, Casino, and Department mandatory trainings and pass any applicable testing.
• Ensure standards are maintained on work performed.
• Able to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally with Team
Members, Casino Guests and vendors.
***The Yavapai-Apache Nation owns Cliff Castle Casino. As a result of this ownership, preferential hiring will go in the following order: Yavapai-Apache Members,
Yavapai-Apache Children, Yavapai-Apache Spouse, Other Native Americans enrolled in
a federally recognized tribe and Veterans. ***
555 Middle Verde Road, Camp Verde, AZ 86322 - 800-381-SLOT (7568) - cliffcastlecasino.com