Banquet Captain (Full Time, All Shifts)
Department: Food & Beverage
Position: Banquet Captain
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Banquet Chef
Rate of Pay: $15.00 (Plus % Gratuity)
Summary: The purpose of this position is to manage, plan and direct the banquet operations, including service, and set-up of service. The position will report to the Banquet Chef and will partner closely with the Catering/Sales and culinary departments to ensure the banquet operations can meet the demands of the clients successfully.
Duties and Responsibilities: Specific areas of responsibility included, but not limited to:
- Oversees all banquet service operations and ensures that all banquet service details are executed. Assist in ensuring that the events are on time. Make adjustments as needed and relay that information to the appropriate personnel.
- Review Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) at the beginning of each shift to ensure room are set as contracted. Confirm and setup A/V equipment needs to contract for the event.
- Responsible for the performance of the banquet service staff, including direct supervision of the banquet staff. Provides leadership to the staff in the absence of the Banquet Chef.
- Collaborate with Catering/Sales, Food & Beverage managers and the culinary team to ensure that quality service is provided for all meeting and banquet guests.
- Manage the labor cost and quality control of banquet services.
- Be an active liaison between the guests and other departments staff to ensure outstanding customer service while maintaining company procedures and complying with company policies.
- Maintain all equipment and facilities in an organized, clean, safe environment.
- Communicate any areas of need, problems, and concerns from
guest to Banquet Chef.
- Perform monthly inventories and order supplies as needed in
collaboration with the Chef.
- Work closely with guest services and maintenance to schedule
and perform transportation of supplies and equipment as needed
throughout the property.
- Complete administrative tasks as assigned by the Banquet Chef.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Banquets, Food & Beverage, Conference Services or related discipline is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Proficiency in the following software; MS Word, Excel.
- Experience in a 4-diamond resort or higher preferred.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Must have audio visual skills.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Ability to obtain a valid gaming license.
- Must have CARE certification or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Must have Title 4 certification or be able to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Must have Food Handlers certification or be able to obtain within 60 days of hire.
- Must attend State, Federal, Tribal, Casino, and Department mandatory trainings and pass any applicable testing.