Security Training Manager/Captain (Full Time, All Shifts)
Position: Security Training Manager/Captain
Reports to: Chief of Security
Rate of Pay: $55,000 Annually
Summary: Responsible for improving the Security Department officers productivity and effectiveness while promoting through coaching, staff development skill enhancement. Constantly assesses the Department's developmental needs and creates, coordinates and conducts training (s) as needed and actively searches, creatively designs, and implements effective methods to educate and enhance officer performance. In the absence of the Chief of Security, the Training Manager will assume the duties of the Chief of Security. Will be required to cover a shift if necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities: Specific areas of responsibility included, but not limited to:
- Assess Office and team needs for training.
- Aligns training with the organization's strategic goals.
- Creates and/or assists in the development of a training budget and ensures operations are within budget.
- Identifies and/or develops training programs that make the best use of available resources while minimizing cost and operational disruption.
- Tracks training; maintains library and resources.
- Updates training programs to ensure that they are current.
- Reviews training materials from a variety of vendors an select materials with appropriate content.
- Develops and oversees departmental trainers and programs.
- Maintains and constantly improves personal/professional teaching/educational training methods and skills of instructors and supervisors-strives to be best practice.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of training programs and instructors.
- Responsible for organizing training programs, including creating or selecting course content and materials.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to accurately perform several tasks under high periods of stress.
- Primarily responsible for the protection of an assigned area, including observation and reporting of unusual, dangerous or suspicious activities.
- Conducts such duties as report writing of internal, criminal or injury related matters, escorts of money and other important documentation as required.
- Patrols assigned work areas and assists Guests and other Team Members as needed.
- Ensures all policies and procedures are performed, as required.
- Identify potential safety hazards and report them to appropriate individuals for proper resolution.
- Safely operates company vehicles when directed to do so.
- Required to keep all licenses and training up to date.
- Assist in supervision of Security Officers on assigned shift.
- Maintain adequate staffing levels, training, scheduling, evaluating and disciplining Team Members as needed.
- Ensure Officers are patrolling effectively to provide Guest, Team Members and asset protection.
- Assist in enforcing all Tribal, City, State and Federal laws where applicable.
- Conduct disciplinary action either verbally or written as required in a professional and fair manner.
- Prepare officer schedules and monitor Officers during shift to ensure all areas are being patrolled.
- Review all reports for accuracy and collect evidence as necessary.
- Perform any additional duties assigned to standard.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
- Facilitate the flow of information by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Responsible for the welfare, training, counseling and discipline of all Officers assigned to shift.
- Responsible for preparation of all emergency management and contingency planning.
- Provide outstanding Guest Service.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Due to sensitivity of the position, all items within a Police Record will considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED.
- College degree in Criminal Justice or closely related field preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years in corporate training or adult education. Security Training a plus.
- Prefer two (2) years Security, Law Enforcement or Military experience. Prior Casino Security is a plus.
- Prefer two (2) years supervisor experience.
- Certified instructor in CPR/First Aid preferred.
- Must complete OSHA 10 and 30 with six (6) months of hire.
- Must possess computer skills. (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to communicate and correspond clearly.
- Must be available for all shifts.
- Must present self in a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Must be able to work at a face pace.
- Must be able to handle stress effectively.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and special events.
- Must be able to lift/move 50 pounds, and occasionally lift/move 100 pounds.
- While performing the duties of the position, the Team Member is frequently required to stand, walk, turn, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must be certified and maintain BLS license within 180 days of employment.
- Must attend State, Federal, Tribal, Casino and Department mandatory training's and pass any applicable testing.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona State Gaming License.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license without restrictions and driving record which is acceptable to our insurer.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
***The Yavapai-Apache Nation owns Cliff Castle Casino. As a result of this ownership, preferential hiring will go in the following order: Yavapai-Apache Members, Yavapai-Apache Children, Yavapai-Apache Spouse, Other Native Americans enrolled in a federally recognized tribe and Veterans.***