Production Control Manager (1016-C) (Full Time)
Location: Windsor, CT
Aero Gear is a global supplier of aerospace gears and gearbox assemblies to top OEM’s such as Pratt & Whitney, GE, AVIO, Collins, Rolls Royce and Sikorsky. The company was founded in 1982 and has grown over the years through key capital investments, technology and the professional development of its employees. Aero Gear has a team-based culture with a focus on excellence and continuous improvement. The outlook for the company is strong as it continues to set higher goals for sustained success together.
The Production Control Manager is responsible for overall product movement in alignment with build schedules and delivery commitments.
- Monthly projection and extended positional outlook.
- Determine and publicize weekly shipment goals.
- Oversite of business unit scheduling.
- Manage master schedule.
- Review and manage material release schedule according to changes.
- Communicate and drive assigned product priorities through support functions and shared resources.
- Maintain awareness of current critical parts to fruition.
- Manage inventory, including releases and WIP.
- Work with area managers to identify and solve delivery and constraint issues.
- Timely elevation of unsolvable delivery issues relative to commitments to our customers.
- Provide estimated part completions and part status information in production meetings.
- Work with area managers on optimizing employee work assignments.
- Determine and coordinate off-shift and weekend work priorities.
- Ensure manufactured details support gearbox build schedule.
- Monitor schedule changes, working with sales to correct if necessary.
- Maintain accurate commits in Visual.
Experience and Education
- A minimum of 7 years in aerospace manufacturing.
- Strong understanding of a manufacturing value stream and lean practices.
- Strong people management skills and experience managing a team in a hands-on, production control capacity preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- APICS certification a plus.
Competencies and Skills
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Operate with a sense of urgency while always focusing on safety and quality.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Excellent attitude and teamwork.
- MRP and pull system proficiency; experience with Visual a plus.
- Able to navigate various computer software programs in support of position, including strong Excel skills.
Overall responsibility for Production Control, Material Prep, and Flow Prep areas.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A reasonable amount of overtime is expected based on production needs.
This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Activities, duties or responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
US Person (Green Card Holder or United States Citizen) due to government contracts.
$85000 - $125000 / year
Aero Gear is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Aero Gear will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the EEO Coordinator at 860.688.0888.