Internal Communications Manager-Miami (Full Time)
Internal Communications Manager
Miami but can sit in the Caribbean
Director, Internal Communications and Change
Purpose of the Role
As the Internal Communications Manager, you will be part of a team that works on internal communications programs, projects and initiatives aimed at improving our internal communications and transformation process.
Reporting to the Director of Internal Communications and Change, and working closely with the Chief Transformation Officer, the candidate will be responsible for developing and executing a communications plan to help achieve our transformation and internal communications goals.
The candidate will focus primarily on communications outputs involving initiatives that demonstrate the transformative activities being led by the Transformation Office, employee engagement initiatives associated with this process, as well as broader internal communications programs. The candidate will also be responsible for introducing innovative ways to engage employees that are in tune with defining and articulating our culture. Candidate will be charged with leveraging existing channels and identifying new channels, including non traditional changes in order to improve employee engagement.
The candidate must have strong writing and project management skills and should have strong experience with change management. A key criteria is developing appropiate messages for a range of audiences and to express complex material clearly, concisely and persuasively.
This position is fully integrated within the communication team and will be exposed to various business units and organizations across the Company. This is a full-time opportunity that requires some travel.
* Work closely with company partners to communicate the state-of-the-business, successes, and company proof points internally through appropriate channels.
* Help develop and execute a communications plan for a multi-year change management / transformation/ corporate strategy initiative
* Develop, produce and maintain materials necessary to support implementation with various audience segments, including executives, senior leaders and all employees
* Develop a process for sharing success stories (metrics and anecdotes) and for marketing those successes companywide via intranet storytelling, videos, internal newsletter / notices and presentations
* Support the execution of companywide communications-led events, such as town halls and webinars
* Measure the effectiveness of internal communications and channels on an ongoing basis and make recommendations to review and amend as appropriate.
* Ensure employee communications activities in all office locations are aligned with company efforts.
* Work with our SVP communicaitons and other ELT members to articulate our corporate social responsibility focus including and demonstrate how this area is part of the transformation process of the Conpany.
* Mmanage and execute the Company’s mass volunteer day activity across the company as part of our Group CSR focus
* Develop, edit and/or proofread other Corporate Communications' materials, as needed
* Track and provide metrics for internal communications activities and report weekly accomplishments
* Help manage content on intranet, particularly related to transformation initiatives
* Support other internal communications initiatives, as needed
* Bachelor’s degree in integrated marketing communications, public relations, journalism or a related field
* 5 - 7 years’ experience in corporate communications or public relations, with at least 1 - 2 years of previous experience supporting internal and change communications
* Experience in multi-channel communications, including employee events, digital, intranet and social media
* Excellent organizational and project management skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written kills; high level of attention to details and creativity
* Strong copy-editing and proofing skills
* Excellent written and spoken English
* Highly experienced with Microsoft Office applications, including word-processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
* Comfortable working with executive leaders and familiar with time constraints and styles of communication to employees
* Willing to work out of hours to coordinate across functions in all geographic regions of the company
* Ability to travel at least 30%