Information Technology (IT) Manager (Full Time)
Select Location: Yakima
The IT Manager assists the IT Director in ensuring the quality of infrastructure services delivered agency wide is maintained at the highest level, assists in managing incident responses, and in preparing for future growth in the IT department. Also is responsible for assisting in the overall coordination and delivery of the agency technology services per the guidance of the IT Director. This professional level, full-time position is responsible for assisting the IT director in the planning, organizing, delivery, and installation of the IT department technology equipment by the IT technician. This position must ensure the proper communication from the IT technician of changes in equipment, hardware, and software across all departments within the agency. The person in this position must have experience in software maintenance, development, and the capacity to develop a training plan to train agency staff on newly implemented or existing IT department software, and other programs (all Microsoft programs) used by agency staff. The IT Manager must have the ability to make independent judgement calls (when necessary), communicate any changes made with the IT Director and other IT staff. And can use deductive reasoning to solve problems and the ability to be flexible and communicate with professionalism, tact, and clarity, ensuring staff understand technical terms commonly used by IT staff.
Our generous benefits package includes:
LTD and STD
Retirement (OIC of WA contribution)
403b employee contribution
Paid Time Off (PTO)
11 Paid Holidays
Agency Wide Training
Agency Wide Community Events
- Articulate OIC of WA and Community Services missions to staff and clients and demonstrate a commitment to these missions.
- Provide IT support to staff when requested.
- Establish and maintain relationships with agency staff and partner agency location to meet the IT needs.
- Analyze and report computer network security breaches or attempted breaches.
- Identifies the causes of network problems using diagnostic testing software and equipment.
- Configures wide area network (WAN) or local area network (LAN) routers or related equipment.
- Troubleshoots network or connectivity problems for users or user groups.
- Evaluate local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN) performance data to ensure sufficient availability or speed, to identify network problems, or for disaster recovery purposes. Configure and define parameters for installation or testing of local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), hubs, routers, switches, controllers, multiplexers, or related networking equipment.
- Research hardware or software products to meet technical networking or security needs.
- Provides on-going training to IT tech specialist per the direction of the IT Director.
- Develops a training plan in coordination with the IT Director for agency wide staff on frequently asked questions and per the direction of the Chief of Building and Technology.
- On occasion will install new hardware or software systems or components, ensuring integration with existing network systems. Install and configure wireless networking equipment. Computer and Peripherals configuration and network cable installations.
- Remote office equipment installation.
- Monitor industry websites or publications for information about patches, releases, viruses, or potential problem identification.
- Create or update technical documentation for network installations or changes to existing installations. Maintain logs of network activity. Document help desk requests and resolutions.
- Ensure the delivery of quality services by training users in procedures related to network applications software or related systems. Create or revise user instructions, procedures, or manuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
BA degree in the Information Technology field
Two (2) years of experience in Information Technology Systems role
OR A Technical or Trade Certification Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of education