Certified Nurse’s Assistant (CNA)
Work at Elim Park
Where family, faith and healthcare meet!
Now hiring Full Time & Part Time CNAs at $16.00 per hour!
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs basic care procedures. Recognize the elderly we serve as unique persons, requiring individual alternatives to maintain full lives in their later years. Provide medical, spiritual, and emotional care; encompassing quality, dignity, compassion and confidentiality for each individual.
2. Communicates with resident, families and staff in a sensitive, professional and therapeutic manner.
3. Observes and communicates changes in the patient condition to the RN responsible for the care of the assigned resident.
4. Takes resident’s vital signs and records on the appropriate form.
5. Assists in the resident activities of daily living which includes assisting with meals and nourishments, transferring using proper body mechanics and appropriate assistive devices, ambulation, bathing and dressing.
6. Documents care and observation on appropriate forms.
7. Assists with admission, transfer and discharge of resident.
8. Provide for the safety and security needs of assigned residents.
9. Maintains established departmental policies, procedures and objectives, quality assessment and improvement programs, and safety, environmental and infection control standards.
10. Attends meetings as required.
11. Participates in education programs and inservice meetings.
12. Understands and follows “Universal Precautions” as it pertains to potential exposure to all body fluids. Utilizes infection control techniques.
13. Understands chemicals(s) used in their department under the “Right to Know” standard.
14. Reports all unsafe conditions to appropriate supervision, including change in patient status, broken or malfunctioning equipment or anything that could be a potential threat, danger to a patient. Practices good safety awareness.
15. Knowledgeable of Residents Rights and facility Abuse Policies and Procedures.
16. Performs any other duties and responsibilities that may become necessary or as directed by
Work Area and Working Conditions: Entire Health Care Center
Entry Level Qualifications:
1. Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training
2. Current State of Connecticut CNA certificate; CPR certification preferred.
3. PAC Training essential.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
Join Our Virtual Hiring Event on 10/20! Register here: https://events.indeed.com/event/62616/