Elim Park has a wonderful FULL TIME ASSISTANT GROUNDSKEEPER opening! This is a permanent, year round position, with benefits - medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, generous 401k employer matching, sick & vacation time, PLUS paid holidays!!!!
Come, join our wonderful team, and help us maintain the beautiful 41 acre campus of Elim Park!
Works under the supervision of the Supervisor of Grounds.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Maintains awareness of proper safety precautions at all times
2. Keep inventory of equipment and supplies (salt, mulch, etc…)
3. Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards. Update and maintain equipment logs
4. Inspect and remove weeds from all beds, curb lines, parking areas, etc…
5. Install mulch in all beds around campus
6. Responsible for weekly mowing, trimming and blowing of campus
7. Knowledge of how irrigation systems work and making repairs to the system
8. Proper fertilization of plants
9. Creating new planting beds as needed – tilling soil, weed barriers, soil preparation, etc…
10. Planting and transplanting of plants around property as needed
11. Fall clean-up for as long as necessary to keep the property looking its best
12. Snow & ice removal with grounds crew and assistance from maintenance as needed.
13. Performs duties such as pruning, trimming, planting as needed.
14. Performs any other duties and responsibilities that may become necessary or as directed by Supervisor.
15. Responsible for assisting with event setup and takedowns
16. Daily rounds to ensure the facility is presenting at its best (setup of exterior table/chair/umbrellas, flower trimming, trash pickup, etc…)
Entry Level Qualifications:
1. Knowledge of groundskeeping equipment, their operation and safety.
2. Knowledge of materials and methods related to the care of trees, shrubs, turf maintenance, stream and pond care, snow removal, etc.
3. Good verbal and written communication skills
4. Ability to plan and direct the work of the grounds maintenance crew.
5. Ability to inspect and diagnose repair and/or replacement of groundskeeping equipment.
1. Must be in good general health and demonstrate mental and emotional stability
2. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50-75 lbs.
3. Must be able to stoop, kneel, bend, sit, stand, lift, squat and move easily. Must be able to drive.
Equipment to be used:
All grounds equipment and vehicles. Trucks, Tractors, Golf Carts, Mowers, Snow removal equipment, trimmers, blowers, snow blowers, etc…