RN - Patient Care Coordinator - Horizon Hospice at Froedtert (Full Time 3rd shift)
Location: Milwaukee County (53211), Milwaukee, WI (corporate headquarters) (53224)
Horizon Home Care & Hospice has partnered with Froedtert Hospital to offer a unique, award-winning hospice program.
When a patient is unable to be moved out of the hospital setting, this program brings the hospice experience to them, with an emphasis on comfort, dignity, and symptom management.
This role is integral in helping create a feeling of home for patients who have just embarked on their end-of-life journey.
As a Patient Care Coordinator with Horizon Hospice at Froedtert, you will perform referral evaluations, admission assessments, and provide support to both patients and families.
- Collect and submit admissions in a timely fashion that are accurate and complete.
- Ensure goals are clearly delineated and prioritized on the patient plan of care and addressed by all team members
- Ensure plan of care reflects assessment findings to establish appropriate goals / interventions to meet patient needs and that goals are realistic and measurable.
- Case conference with team members occurs regularly which includes creating PCW / HHA Care Plans, initiating and updating Plans in accordance with patient needs and Agency policy.
- Inform physician, clinical manager and interdisciplinary team members of changes in patient status as evidenced by Case Communication documentation.
- Assure appropriate discharge planning occurs from the start of care by utilizing a multidisciplinary approach and appropriate documentation.
Horizon Offers Our Nurses:
- Competitive Pay & Mileage Reimbursement
- Comprehensive Benefit Package that includes Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan, including an Employer Match
- Extensive orientation program to help you succeed in your new role
- Career development & advancement, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Program and More!
To learn more, about our current opportunities – visit our Careers Page: https://jobs.horizonhch.com/ or contact our Recruiter Alicia Quinn at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 262-307-2557