RN - Continuous Care RN - Hospice (Part Time PMs)
Location: Milwaukee County (53211), Milwaukee, WI (corporate headquarters) (53224)
Horizon Home Care and Hospice is seeking experienced nurses to join our top-notch Hospice team.
As a Continuous Care RN, you’ll be a go-to person for both patients and their families. You’ll bring comfort to each patient by helping control pain, agitation and other symptoms they experience on their end-of-life journey. Additionally, you’ll alleviate caregiver burnout by providing family members and other primary caretakers the time to take a break, run errands and recharge. In this role, you will help everyone around you be the best version of themselves.
- Assess patient conditions accurately and completely during scheduled visits (conditions may include physiological, psycho social and / or spiritual).
- Provide interventions for symptom management during in-home visits and evaluate patient response to interventions prior to the end of their shift.
- Identify and provide patient and family's education and support.
- Complete all required patient documentation (visits) in an accurate, legible and on the same day care was provided.
- Communicate and provide report to physicians, manager, interdisciplinary team members of any changes in patient condition or the patients plan of care in a timely and accurate manner.
Horizon Offers Our Hospice Nurses:
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Pay & Mileage Reimbursement
- Comprehensive Benefit Package that includes Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan, including an Employer Match
- Extensive orientation program to help you succeed in your new role
- Career development & advancement, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Program and More!
Honored to be recognized as a 8-time Top Workplace!
With Horizon, You’re Home!