Licensed Therapist- Residential - LPC, LMSW (Full Time)
Location: Olathe, KS
Licensed Therapist (Full Time)
The KidsTLC Dyadic Development Psychotherapy- DDP Program is GROWING! We are looking for therapists who are Certified DDP Practitioners or are willing to obtain certification within 18 months of employment. If you love building bonds of attachment between children and their families, be part of a supportive and inspiring program where everyone is learning and practicing DDP!
What is KidsTLC?
KidsTLC is a 46-year-old “for purpose” agency located in Olathe, KS that offers outpatient, intensive outpatient and residential services for children experiencing the effects of early childhood trauma as well as children with autism spectrum disorder. These programs train and support families, caregivers, teachers and others to awaken deeply troubled children with healing experiences of trust, comfort, joy and love. With consultation from Dan Hughes and Grey McKellar, we are in the process of becoming a DDPI-Certified DDP Organization.
In outpatient and residential treatment, we help troubled children:
• Build bonds of attachment that will allow them to heal, grow and succeed in families;
• Learn to take charge of their emotions, thoughts and behaviors;
• Find their goodness reflected in the eyes of trusted adults; and
• Think clearly about the consequences of their actions, expand the love in their hearts, and discover the joy in serving to others.
In therapy, parent and staff training programs, we teach adults how to raise troubled children, specifically:
• How to be accepting, curious and empathic towards children's experience;
• How to connect before correcting; and
• How to contain risky behavior without scaring or shaming children.
What does a Licensed Therapist in our DDP Programs do?
• Therapists spend about 1/3 to 1/2 of their time using Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy in work with children and their families.
• Therapists work hard to create an atmosphere, in which every social interaction is an opportunity to build trusting relationships, promote healthy communication, overcome barriers that prevent success, and enhance life skills.
• The work is challenging, because children with developmental trauma and disrupted attachments push adults away, by attempting to make them feel angry, anxious, and inadequate (shame), and make them feel like giving up (despair).
• Some children/youth in our programs are in parental custody, with either biological or adoptive parents.
• Some children/youth are in foster care returning to a previous foster home, and some have disrupted their placement, and do not yet have a new foster family.
• Experience with adolescent juvenile offenders and children with severe emotional disturbances along with knowledge of residential treatment and cognitive/behavioral approaches preferred.
• Excellent writing and computer skills
• Valid drivers’ license and satisfactory driving record. Able to complete SCM training.
• This position requires a Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling or Psychology. Licensure in Kansas (LPC, LCPC, LMFT, LCMFT, LMSW, LSCSW, LCSW)
KidsTLC offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Health, Vision and Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, 401k, Wellness Initiatives, Educational Assistance & Excellent Training to enhance Career Development
Find out more about us at www.kidstlc.org
Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabled)