Back to Category List
General Distribution Center Associate (Second Shift) (Full Time)
Location: Shreveport, LA
Morris & Dickson is a leading pharmaceutical distribution company providing services to healthcare systems and retails pharmacies across 27 states and ranking as one of the top four pharmaceutical wholesalers in the nation. Founded in 1841, Morris & Dickson settled in Shreveport, Louisiana, where it is still headquartered today. The essence of our company lies squarely in creating customer relationships that exceed conventional expectations. Our goal is to create an experience our customers view as unique among all vendor relationships and indispensable to their delivery of healthcare.
As a Distribution Center Associate Second Shift, you will be responsible for performing an array of duties such as order fulfillment, quality control, shipping, restocking, and ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions. Responsible for monitoring stock levels and performing inventory count duties.
Shift: 2nd Shift (2:00pm – until the end of production)
PAY: Starting $16.00 per hour. Morris & Dickson offers competitive compensation, training, career progression, and provides comprehensive benefits (medical, vision, dental, and 401k).
Daily responsibilities include:
- Managing, organizing, and retrieving stock.
- Order fulfillment
- Stocks items in a designated area, and rotates stock first in, first out.
- Performs merchandise inspection.
- Maintains clean inventory work area.
- Distributes merchandise to the appropriate outlets.
- Operates forklift and drives other motorized equipment as needed.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all company matters.
- Valid Driver’s License
- High School Education or GED
- Basic computer knowledge
- Previous working experience as a Warehouse Worker is a plus
- Forklift Operation Certification will be considered an advantage
- Ability to operate a pallet jack, dolly, and carts safely and efficiently.
- Great physical stamina and manual dexterity
- Team player
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solver.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Shift schedule includes days, nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- Frequent movements include walking, standing, bending/stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms, lifting, climbing, and other active movements.