Back to Category List
Shipping Associate (Full Time)
Location: Shreveport, LA
Morris & Dickson is a leading pharmaceutical distribution company providing services to healthcare systems and retail pharmacies across 27 states and ranking as one of the top four pharmaceutical wholesalers in the nation. Founded in 1841, Morris & Dickson settled in Shreveport, Louisiana, where it is still headquartered today. The essence of our company lies squarely in creating customer relationships that exceed conventional expectations. Our goal is to create an experience our customers view as unique among all vendor relationships and indispensable to their delivery of healthcare.
As a Shipping Associate, you will play a pivotal role in the efficient and accurate processing of orders within our distribution center. You will be responsible for performing an array of duties such as sorting, loading, preparing product for shipping, and ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
HOURS: 2nd Shift (2:00 pm until end of production)
PAY: Starting at $16.00 per hour. Morris & Dickson offers competitive compensation, training and career progression, and provides a comprehensive benefit (medical, vision, dental, and 401k) as well.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Scanning and sorting outgoing orders based on sorting guidelines and procedures.
- Carefully handle orders to prevent damage and ensure proper handling.
- Sorts and places orders on pallets according to predetermine sequence.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency.
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Maintains clean inventory work area.
- Operates forklift and drives other motorized equipment as needed.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all company matters.
- High School Education or GED
- Basic computer knowledge
- Physical ability to lift, carry, push, and pull packages of varying sizes and weight
- Ability to operate a pallet jack, dolly, and carts in a safe and efficient manner.
- Great physical stamina and manual dexterity
- Team player
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solver
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Shift schedule includes days, nights, and weekends, and some holidays.
- Frequent movement including walking, standing, bending/stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms, lifting, climbing and other active movements.