Back to Category List
Financial Controller (Full Time)
Location: Shreveport, LA
Morris & Dickson is a leading pharmaceutical distribution company providing services to healthcare systems and retail pharmacies across 22 states and ranking as one of the top four pharmaceutical wholesalers in the nation. Founded in 1841, Morris & Dickson settled in Shreveport, Louisiana, where it is still headquartered today. The essence of our company lies squarely in creating customer relationships that exceed conventional expectations. Our goal is to create an experience our customers view as unique among all vendor relationships and indispensable to their delivery of healthcare.
This position is located at our home office in Shreveport, Louisiana.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises daily completion of all GL accounting duties including AR, AP, and cash.
- Oversees accurate reconciliation and maintaining of the general ledger to ensure compliance with GAAP, federal/state tax requirements, and other regulatory agencies requests.
- Prepares financial statements and other reports for owners and executive management team.
- Assists financial analysis and reporting for various corporate activities through accrual processes.
- Leads monthly and annual financial closing processes including the consolidation and reporting of multiple entities.
- Works with outside CPA firm to oversee the accurate and timely filing of federal/state tax requirements.
- Serves as point of contact with external CPA firm for the annual financial statement audit.
- Ensures internal controls are appropriately designed, implemented and documented.
- Directs accounting department staff by developing and communicating team objectives while motivating members to achieve results.
- Identify process improvements and implement best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 10+ years’ experience in a financial management role including direct experience as a Controller
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organizations (internal and external)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Strong communication skills
If you would like to set profiles, manage, and track your submissions you can register here
...or if you already have an account you may login here