Back to Category List
Marketing & Events Coordinator (Full Time)
Location: Shreveport, LA
Morris & Dickson is a leading pharmaceutical distribution company providing services to healthcare systems and retail pharmacies across 22 states and ranking as one of the top four pharmaceutical wholesalers in the nation. Founded in 1841, Morris & Dickson settled in Shreveport, Louisiana, where it is still headquartered today. The essence of our company lies squarely in creating customer relationships that exceed conventional expectations. Our goal is to create an experience our customers view as unique among all vendor relationships and indispensable to their delivery of healthcare.
The Marketing & Event Coordinator will be responsible for planning and coordinating trade shows, company meetings, and customer facing events. They will work closely with the management team through the planning process to provide options, but will be responsible for the day-to-day functions as they pertain to event planning.
- Oversee event registration, utilizing an on-line system, including all pre-event communications to attendees and vendors.
- Ensure guests are supervised throughout the event, either by venue staff or Morris & Dickson employees.
- Coordinate with the venue and catering companies or restaurants for all food and beverage needs.
- Work with local vendors for off-site activities, entertainment, and excursions.
- Perform all essential administrative duties including running daily and weekly reports, keeping records up to date, etc.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for any events.
- Work with the host hotel to establish contracts, manage room lists, check-in/ hospitality information, and arrival times of attendees.
- Perform venue management including main hotel event spaces, banquet rooms, off-site venues, restaurants, and any other location required by the event.
- Coordinate shipping for event supplies and other miscellaneous items.
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure consistency across the brand.
- Ensure each event is properly stocked with trade show giveaway materials, marketing collateral, and/or displays.
- Coordinate registration, hotel booking, possibly flights, etc. for trade show participants.
- Assist with Marketing projects such as creating advertisements (e.g. banner ads or one-page marketing slicks) which meet manufacturer requirements with content provided by others, monitoring and managing the M&D social media accounts, prepare Power Point presentations and internal marketing content for events like luncheons, office gatherings, or employer sponsored projects.
- Work with other team members to analyze data in Excel, text files, or access databases.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred focus in marketing or public relations)
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Effective problem solving and negotiation skills
- Comfortable with technology
- Certified Meeting Planner certification is preferred, but not required.
If you would like to set profiles, manage, and track your submissions you can register here
...or if you already have an account you may login here