Back to Category List
Underground Electrician (Full Time)
Location: Buchanan - Virginia
- Safely perform electrical, mechanical and hydraulic maintenance and repair work on all equipment associated with an underground coal mine. Experience on a continuous miner section and/or longwall section is a plus.
- Underground Electrical Certification is required.
- Actively participate and support the company's Behavior Based Safety Process.
- Perform scheduled, unscheduled and preventative maintenance on assigned mine equipment/installations by using numerous types of hand tools, precision measuring instruments, diagnostic equipment (voltmeters, ammeters, etc.) and machine tools to replace parts and components, make repairs, dismantle and reassemble equipment and components as necessary.
- Document and ensure all permissibility and/or other paperwork requirements are completed and correct.
- Perform welding and torch cutting work on an as needed basis.
- Read and interpret prints and wiring diagrams of mining equipment.
- Read and interpret maintenance manuals and parts books to prepare and complete tasks.
- May be required to operate mining equipment to diagnose problems, position equipment for safe repairs, test operation after repairs, and to substitute for the equipment operators.
- May be required to service and troubleshoot conveyor belt drives.
- Assure compliance with all Federal, State and Company laws, guidelines, directives, and plans.
- Other duties as assigned