Farmers’ Grain and Feed, LLC started as a Cooperative in 1913 by the Hess family in Allenton, Wisconsin. Since that time ownership has changed twice and was acquired by us in 2006. In 2021, the company moved to its new location at 6868 Spruce Court Allenton, Wisconsin.
Farmers’ Grain and Feed, LLC is a respected provider of management services primarily focused on helping dairy producers. We have a large variety of services including farm herd management and animal nutrition recommendations. Multiple nutrition delivery types exist including bulk, tote, and bagged products.
The recent expansion is the company’s largest capital expenditure since inception. The new state of the art facility allows for a 400% increase in production. We have over 500 SKUs within the plant to satisfy all our customers’ needs. A pellet mill was also added as part of the recent expansion. The machine produces 18 tons of product per hour and has allowed us to custom produce pellets and feed mixes according to producer requests. In addition to the pellet mill, a new roller grinder was installed, producing 15 tons of product per hour as well as a mixer specifically used for calf feed and a grain cleaner to reduce fines. Not only have production capabilities increased significantly, but so has our storage capabilities. Our customers are now able to harvest their crops and deliver directly to the mill at the time of harvest. Their crops are held in our care until it is needed to produce customer requested feed products. This process is tailored to each customer and helps eliminate market risk.
Feed Mill Assistant Operations Manager (Full Time)
Our expanding company is seeking to hire an Assistant Operations Manager to join our leadership team. You will responsible for providing inspired leadership alongside our Operations Manager for our feed mill, which involves making important policy and strategic decisions, as well as the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures. You will also assist in the supervision of mill employees and with some of the daily operations in the feed mill. The Assistant Operations Manager is responsible for scheduling feed mill activities, purchasing ingredients and supplies, all seed management and seed treatments and to assist in commodity management for the organization.
Successful candidates will have a previous experience in a leadership role and have experience in the agriculture industry. Continued education is a plus!
Assistant Operations Manager Responsibilities:
· Reviews production records for accuracy.
· Monitors grain pricing against market rates, adjusts customer pricing when appropriate.
· Monitors futures for commodity hedging opportunities and risk management.
· Provides leadership and strategic direction for Seed process to enhance growth and profitability.
· Provides leadership and strategic direction for Feed process to enhance growth and profitability.
· Coordinate all customer service duties to allow for processing wholesale seed orders.
· Placement of orders for seed and associated supplies.
· Maintaining product stock in the store and warehouse.
· Supervising all shipping, receiving and delivery activities associated with seed management.
· Orders ingredients and supplies needed to run the mill effectively.
· Completes appropriate paperwork and reports.
· Acts as a key contact for suppliers and provides financial analysis and metrics in managing product lines and inventories.
· Acts as a key contact for customer requests and order processing.
Assistant Operations Manager Requirements:
· HSED/GED, continued education preferred.
· 2+ years of experience in feed manufacturing and seed retailing or related agriculture experience.
· Must have knowledge of feed manufacturing equipment operation and maintenance.
· Ability to lift 60 lbs, bend, turn, twist, climb ladders, stairs and bins, climb ladders and operate a pallet jack with 2,000 pounds of material.
· Ability to operate a forklift.
· Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures.
· Farming background is preferred.
· Feed Mill experience is preferred.