Back to Category List
Team Lead-Diesel Department (Full Time)
Location: Green Bay Service Center, Milwaukee Service Center, Neenah Service Center
Got what it takes to lead a team of talented technicians? Do you have knowledge of diesel engines & trailer repair? Can you diagnose and coach technicians to the next level? If this sounds like you, we want to talk to you!
We are hiring a dedicated supervisor to lead our tractor department. Solid leadership skills are a must, with the ability to work in a fast pace and changing environment.
WHY CHOOSE MASTER FLEET?
You became a mechanic because you’re the one everyone counts on for the repair and maintenance of equipment. You’re the "go-to" person who can figure it out, fix it and you take great pride in that! You’re the one who would rather come home from work with stained hands from working on equipment than a paper-cut from being in an office all day. Because those stains are what keeps the Transportation Industry moving forward, providing the goods and services needed by families throughout the country.
The Tractor Dept. Night Shift Supervisor is a key member of our management team and fulfills a critical role in our growth plans. This position is responsible for the overall accountability for managing a Heavy Duty Shop. Responsibilities include the planning, scheduling, performing, directing, and evaluating the repair and servicing of trucks and trailers.
In this position, you must routinely advise, consult, and help subordinates. You are also responsible for equipment repair schedules and records, including meeting any deadlines or requests. You will be responsible for developing a service minded shop while cultivating a superior safety culture.
- Position will be responsible for day to day operations of the shop operation while also providing hands on maintenance to tractor assets.
- Working closely with the Service Center Manager on all day –to day operations.
- Customer interactions and communication.
- Creating repair orders
- Breakdown calls
- Responsible to train newly hired technicians on shop processes, procedures and systems.
- Responsible for ensuring technicians operate within DOT and OSHA guidelines
- Responsible for scheduling, work assignments and monitoring employees performance and productivity
- Coaching and counseling technicians on work performance, attendance and adherence to company policies.
- Monitor parts inventory ensuring accuracy and accountability in conjunction with the Parts Manager
- Mechanical aptitude:
- Fuel injection systems
- On-board computers
- Electrical networks
- Ignition systems
- Organized and has the ability to deal with multiple activities in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Strong work ethic
- 5 years of management/Lead experience.
- Semi-tractor preventative maintenance programs
- Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to repair/diagnose all tractor components
We offer competitive wages and opportunities for advancement:
- A clean, safe working environment
- Company PAID skills training
- Company paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- 70% Healthcare premium employer paid.
- Dental and vision insurance
- $175 Health Savings Account, eligibility
- $150 tool allowance
- $100 Boot allowance
- 401(k) Plan with match
- 2nd shift premium pay
- Monthly Bonus plan
- Paid uniforms and Logo Shirts
- 6 paid holidays a year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program with rewards!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral rewards program
IMAGINE THIS: Working for a company that allows you a flexible work schedule that fits you and your family. Looking forward to coming to work every day when you are APPRECIATED for all those efforts. Having the respect of your peers and the support of its leaders in an environment where you only fail if you don’t try.
Since 1985, Master Fleet has been providing world class maintenance solutions and management services for all makes and models. With service center locations in Green Bay, Neenah, Caledonia, Wisconsin. Master Fleet has its roots in providing maintenance for all class 8 vehicles.
For further Consideration: CLICK HERE: https://assessment.predictiveindex.com/6faf72fb-f6e2-4330-a86c-abd14996af05