Behavioral Health Consultant (Full Time)
Department:: Behavioral Health
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CONSULTANT
At HealthCore Clinic, we pride ourselves on being a premier medical employer and learning institution for individuals willing to serve the underinsured. Our “You-Centered” approach to healthcare for our clients only works because we employ, train and retain the best of the best.
At Healthcore Clinic, we believe healthcare is a human right whose access should not be bound by finances. If you believe in our philosophy and are fun loving, open minded, caring and flexible with your schedule, then you have come to the right place. We are people serving people, serving people. We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our family at Healthcore Clinic.
Job Purpose: The Behavioral Health Consultant is responsible for providing mental health and behavioral health services to individuals, families and groups. This position is also responsible for completing and maintaining up to date records for assigned clients in a timely manner.
Patient-Centered Medical Home Essential Functions:
1. Patient Population Management:
a. Assess the clinical status of patients referred by primary care providers through brief consultative contacts.
b. Works with primary care and other departments to treat and manager patients with chronic emotional and/or health problems efficiently and effectively.
c. Consults with patient primary care provider to enhance understanding of the patient, provide decision support for treatment planning and assist in the implementation and monitoring of biopsychosocial treatment plans.
d. Maintains patient caseload in accordance with the needs of the Clinic.
e. Offers weekly intake appointment times as identified by the Director of Behavioral Health.
2. Care Coordination:
a. Uses the DSM V and other assessment tools to identify and manage patients with various physical and behavioral health issues.
b. Assists primary health care providers in recognizing and treating mental disorders and psychosocial problems.
c. Provides skill training through psycho-education and patient education strategies and develops specific behavioral change plans for patients and behavioral health protocols.
d. Provides individual, group and family therapy meeting the varied needs of the patient.
3. Self-Management Support:
a. Teaches patients, families and staff care, prevention and treatment enhancement techniques.
b. Provides self-management support to patients by providing self-management tools and encouraging patients to self-manage and promote healthy behavior changes.
4. Quality Improvement:
a. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
b. Meets licensure requirements, training requirements and develops individual competencies; tracks all training required in order to keep clinical licensure.
Additional Essential Functions include the following.
1. Provides on-call coverage in rotation with all department clinical staff as needed.
2. Thoroughly prepares for meetings and court appearances and provides court testimony when necessary.
3. Completes documentation in compliance with clinic policy and in compliance with governing regulations.
1.Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
1. Current and valid licensure in Social Work (LSCSW) within the state of Kansas required.
2. Master’s degree in Social Work is required.
3. Practicum clinical experience required.
4. Prior experience working as a Social Worker in a clinical setting or FQHC preferred.
5. Advanced working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for mental health conditions.
6. Knowledge of special needs populations including MR/DD and SED children.
7. Ability to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral conditions.
8. Ability to communicate effectively with vulnerable populations including those made vulnerable by their financial status, personality characteristics, place of residence, health status and/or age.
9. Remain flexible to with stand unpredictable changes to workflow and schedules.
10. Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in regards to HCC matters.
HealthCore Clinic offers competitive salaries with benefits for positions in medical and non-medical fields. Not only is HealthCore a renowned employer with excellent employee satisfaction ratings, but we are also innovators in the field of community health services. Some of the benefits we offer include:
· Medical Health Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision (HCC paid for employee only)
· Healthcare FSA
· Voluntary Life Insurance, HCC paid
· HCC Paid STD and LTD
· 401K with HCC 6% matching contribution
· Tuition Reimbursement
Not only is Healthcore Clinic a great place to get care, it’s also a great place to work!