General Dentist (Full Time)
At HealthCore Clinic, we pride ourselves on being a premier medical employer and learning institution for individuals willing to serve the underinsured. Our “You-Centered” approach to healthcare for our clients only works because we employ, train and retain the best of the best.
At Healthcore Clinic, we believe healthcare is a human right whose access should not be bound by finances. If you believe in our philosophy and are fun loving, open minded, caring and flexible with your schedule, then you have come to the right place. We are people serving people, serving people. We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our family at Healthcore Clinic.
The General Dentist’s purpose is to provide quality dental care in all phases of general dentistry in accordance with generally accepted dental practices, standards, and levels of care established by the HealthCore Clinic (HCC). The Dentist supervises a team of dental hygienists and assistants.
This job requires an individual with attention to detail, great organization skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, exceptional time management skills, and ability to multi-task and organize work effectively, ability to work independently and as a cooperative team member. Requires a comprehensive knowledge of primary dental care in outpatient settings. Knowledge of the principles and practice of modern dentistry as related to public health organizations and community health programs as well as current social and economic problems pertaining to public health and their impact on primary health care.
Patient-Centered Medical Home Job Responsibilities
1. Care Coordination:
a. Examines individuals requesting care, diagnoses their dental/oral conditions, prescribes and carries out, or directs others in carrying out, appropriate dental/oral treatment, or refers individuals for specialty consultation or treatment in conformance with approved clinical protocols and guidelines.
b. Assists in the coordination and integration of the corporation’s dental programs and services with other corporate programs and services for the welfare of the clinic’s patients.
c. Provide relief of pain and palliative treatment for emergency patients.
d. Supervise and check prophylactic treatments administered by Dental Assistants.
e. Review patient’s medical history making sure significant findings are considered and addressed prior to patient treatment.
f. Accurately post billable services to patient’s account following treatment.
g. Prescribe, prepare, and administer drugs or medicine to patients as needed.
2. Self-management Support:
a. Educates individuals in the nature of oral health related conditions and in the general promotion of oral health related disease prevention.
3. Communication Skills:
a. Display the ability to communicate effectively with vulnerable populations, including those made vulnerable by their financial status, personality characteristics, place of residence, health status, and/or age. Understand health literacy levels or other approaches to addressing communication needs.
b. Explain to patient/parent recommended treatment plans and answer questions as they relate to patient care
c. Maintains confidentiality in written and oral communications.
d. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are required, including the ability to multi-task and adapt to a changing work environment. Display good judgment and decision making skills.
e. Display professional appearance in accordance with HealthCore Clinic’s (HCC) policy.
4. Quality Improvement:
a. Attend and participate as a team member on at least one CHQ quality initiative team, such as QI, safety, and/or employee recognition teams.
b. Prepares and submits monthly written reports on Dental Department issues, concerns, program status, initiatives, and progress to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors. Prepares specific reports as requested by the Chief Executive Officer.
c. Assists in the provision of continuing education, on-the-job training, and the orientation of HealthCore Clinic staff as requested.
Other Job Duties
· Records patient-dentist transactions as they occur in the patient’s dental record so that the dental record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the contact, the condition of the patient and the care or treatment provided. In addition,the General Dentist shall complete referrals, data collections instruments and other records or paper works as shall be required from time to time by the corporation.
· Designs, develops, and implements appropriate Dental Department policies, protocols and procedures which are in compliance with the most current accepted professional standards. Assists in the provision of technical assistance and health education to the community as requested.
· Assists in the preparation of an operating budget for the Dental Department and in conjunction with the Chief Financial Officer and oversees compliance with the Dental Department’s budget.
· Participates in short and long term program planning for the Dental Department and the agency, including development of goals and objectives.
· Travels when necessary to fulfill the corporation’s needs and attends meetings as necessary to represent the corporation and/or the Dental Department.
· Participates in the preparation of grant applications for the corporation and assumes primary responsibility for developing and implementing the corporation’s dental health care plan.
· Responsible for personal as well as Departmental full compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and center rules, regulations, protocols and procedures governing the practice of dentistry and the clinical provision of dental care as well as those relating to, but not limited to, personnel issues, work place safety, public health and confidentiality.
· As directed by the Chief Executive Officer, performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives.
Must have graduated from accredited dental school or college. Must be currently licensed to practice dentistry in Kansas or be able to communicate expected time frame for obtaining Kansas licensure.Completion of an accredited general practice residency program is preferred. Minimum of five years clinical experience preferred.
HealthCore Clinic offers competitive salaries with benefits for positions in medical and non-medical fields. Not only is HealthCore a renowned employer with excellent employee satisfaction ratings, but we are also innovators in the field of community health services. Some of the benefits we offer include:
· Medical Health Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision (HCC paid for employee only)
· Healthcare FSA
· Voluntary Life Insurance, HCC paid
· HCC Paid STD and LTD
· 401K with HCC 6% matching contribution
· Tuition Reimbursement
Not only is Healthcore Clinic a great place to get care, it’s also a great place to work!