Senior Accountant (Full Time)
At HealthCore Clinic, we pride ourselves on being a premier medical employer and learning institution for individuals willing to serve the underinsured. Our “You-Centered” approach to healthcare for our clients only works because we employ, train and retain the best of the best.
At Healthcore Clinic, we believe healthcare is a human right whose access should not be bound by finances. If you believe in our philosophy and are fun loving, open minded, caring and flexible with your schedule, then you have come to the right place. We are people serving people, serving people. We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our family at Healthcore Clinic.
Job Purpose: The Senior Accountant is responsible for bookkeeping including maintaining company financial records and monthly billing. This position is also responsible for accounts receivable and accounts payable, payroll, payroll taxes, quarterly payroll tax reports, invoicing, personnel payroll records and business reports.
Primary role of this position:
a. Receives the clinic daily deposits from receptionists and front desk staff and reconciles the funds to the daily deposit reports printed from the EHS software.
b. Receives the mail, including all insurance payments, insurance EOBs, patient payments, etc.
c. Prepares daily deposit for all checks received in the mail. E-bridges all relevant bank deposits to EHS billing department.
d. Reviews the direct deposit, electronic remittances information from the Kansas Medicaid site, Kansas State Vendor Payable Site, EHS receivables/electronic remittance site and posts all direct deposits into the accounting software.
e. Computes payroll including time computation and timesheet management.
f. Maintains and updates computer payroll files.
g. Manages accounts payable recordkeeping, supervision and recording of amounts due, verifies invoices, and calculates discounts.
h. Receives and reviews invoices from vendors and inputs into the accounts payable software.
i. Processes checks to send to vendors.
j. Prepares monthly reoccurring general journal entries.
k. Updates the Fixed Asset Software and computes depreciation and all related schedules monthly in preparation for the annual financial audit.
l. Manages incoming and outgoing communications with credentialing organizations such as Medicaid and third party insurance companies and ensures the clinic is able to bill for provider’s services.
m. Submits and manages incoming and outgoing quality documentation to external insurance companies or quality management programs.
n. Assists with reviewing accounts payable vendors and processing year end 1099s’.
o. Reviews and assists with quarterly tax reports and matching annual totals for payroll W2s.
p. Attends and participates as a team member on at least one HCC quality team initiative team such as quality improvement, safety, and/or employee recognition teams.
Additional Essential Functions include the following.
1. Maintains all provider related information in HCC EHS software.
2. Assists the Chief Financial Officer with maintaining the payment management EHS software.
3. Provides accounting assistance to the Chief Financial Officer as needed.
4. Assists the Chief Financial Officer in preparing work reports and responding to additional auditor requests before and during the annual financial audit.
5. Prepares various reports as needed including reports for the Leadership Team.
1. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related field required.
- Minimum five (5) to seven (7) years of experience working in a combination of booking, payroll, AP/AR senior level positions required.
- Advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting software required.
- Experience working in healthcare industry preferred but not required.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, namely Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and organize work effectively while working independently and/or as a cooperative team member.
- Remain flexible to with stand unpredictable changes to workflow and schedules.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in regards to HCC matters.
- Knowledge of Sage 100, Sage Time a big plus.