Medical Assistant (Full Time)
At HealthCore Clinic, we pride ourselves on being a premier medical employer and learning institution for individuals willing to serve the underinsured. Our “You-Centered” approach to healthcare for our clients only works because we employ, train and retain the best of the best.
At Healthcore Clinic, we believe healthcare is a human right whose access should not be bound by finances. If you believe in our philosophy and are fun loving, open minded, caring and flexible with your schedule, then you have come to the right place. We are people serving people, serving people. We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our family at Healthcore Clinic.
The Medical Assistant is responsible for performing routine administrative tasks to assist the Providers and other health practitioners with patient care to ensure quality and efficiency. In addition to administrative duties, Medical Assistants perform routine and some non – routine clinical duties in accordance to state law under the direction of the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program with current registration or certification maintained.
- One (1) year of previous experience in a medical assistant role highly preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding and proficiency of medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively with vulnerable populations including those made vulnerable by their financial status, personality characteristics, place of residence, health status and/or age.
- Positive, friendly and professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable in carrying out clinical responsibilities while providing direct patient care.
- Strong computer literacy, office skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Escort patients from waiting areas to exam room and prepares them to be seen by a Provider.
- Obtain patient history, vitals, weight, smoking status and other screenings.
- Review patient medications and allergies and enter into Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Document in EMR all medication administered including name, dose, NDC and route.
- Prepare and administer treatment as ordered by HCC Providers including but not limited to vaccines and immunizations, venipuncture urine specimens and hearing and vision screenings.
- Document all patient encounters, phone calls and treatments in EMR.
- Organize and set up exam rooms in preparation for patients and Provider services.
- Perform procedures in compliance with the Exposure Control Plan including the use of Personal Protective Equipment and Universal Precautions.
- Clean and stock exam rooms after each patient visit.
- Clean and sterilize instruments.
- Calls patients on lab results and answers any questions.
- Return all patient phone calls, lobby visits, faxes or questions in a timely manner by the end of the day they were presented.
- Other duties as assigned.
HealthCore Clinic offers competitive salaries with benefits for positions in medical and non-medical fields. Not only is Health Core a renowned employer with excellent employee satisfaction ratings, but we are also innovators in community heath services. Some of the benefits we offer include:
Vision (HCC paid for employee only)
Voluntary Life Insurance (HCC paid)
401K with HCC contribution
Not only is HealthCore Clinic a great place to get care, it’s also a great place to work!