Interested in working at TLC?
Scroll through our open positions below
TLC’s mission is to empower individuals of all abilities to live their fullest life. Through a collaborative and engaging process throughout the organization, we have created the first three years of our strategic plan called Building Possibilities. Focused on three pillars: Quality, Access, and Equity, we are working toward a 20-year vision to create pathways to a world of possibilities. Founded as Tammy Lynn Center in 1969 by three local families committed to creating better options for their children, we are building on a 53-year history of serving individuals of all abilities and all ages and their families in Wake County.
TLC currently serves over 700 children and adults and 1,800+ of their family members – parents, siblings, and family caregivers. By 2040, our community will have an estimated 38% increase in people living with an intellectual or developmental disability (I/DD).
Benefits of Working with TLC (PDF).
Back to Category List
Associate Director, Strategic Impact & Outreach (Full Time)
A Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of experience preferred or completion of a nonprofit certification and 12+ years of experience with demonstrated progressive responsibility in managing philanthropic operations and relationships. This is a full-time professional position.
As part of the strategic plan, the Development Team’s scope has expanded to include philanthropy and engagement, advocacy and outreach, strategic partnerships, and brand stewardship and is moving forward as the Strategic Impact & Outreach Team. The Strategic Impact & Outreach Team meaningfully engages TLC’s impact (individual donors, funders, corporate and community partners, volunteers, staff, families, elected officials, and strategic partners) and the broader community through equitable practices to support positive outcomes for clients, families, and staff and the strategic growth of our mission.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, community-centric, operate from a growth mindset, and be committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in impact. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to lead strategy and projects with a high-performing and creative team and have the support of strong leadership and a dedicated impact community.
• Responsible for a comprehensive donor and volunteer experience and pipeline and will oversee and delegate activities and relationships for TLC’s annual, campaign, and endowment operations accordingly.
• Create and implement equitable impact practices and policies.
• Research and identify new and manage existing mid to high-level annual, campaign, and endowment prospects and relationships.
• Assign relationships and oversee processes to support leadership staff and volunteers to track and maintain moves and relationship management.
• Create and implement a strategy to grow and engage TLC’s corporate and community partners and new members of our impact community through events, sponsorships, and volunteering.
• Oversee volunteering and other opportunities for individuals and groups to meaningfully connect and engage with our mission.
• Develop and execute a stewardship and recognition plan for the annual, campaign, and endowment donors and volunteers.
• Oversee database integrity, efficiency, processes, and improvement of systems.
• Other duties as assigned
Rate: $71k annually
Hours/Days of Work: 40+ hours per week, Monday through Friday (Exempt). The position requires evening and weekend assignments.
Benefits: Excellent health and retirement benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life, STD/LTD, paid holidays, PTO, Supplemental Group Insurance, EAP, and 403b retirement plan.
TLC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from anyone qualified. Please visit our website at www.nctlc.org.