Powerplant/Mechanical Systems Engineer (Product Development IPT) (Full Time)
Provide engineering for the design, installation and support of new and modified powerplant and mechanical systems. Assist in preparing certification reports. Provide technical support for Customer Service, Production, Purchasing and Legal departments.
· Produce installation layouts, component designs, solid models, drawings, engineering orders (EOs) and specifications to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification and Company standards.
· Prepare engineering data for FAA certification such as specifications, test plans, substantiation reports, sealed drawing lists.
· Select vendors and coordinate the purchase of components that meet specifications and design intent.
· Supervise and lead contractors, design engineers, drafters, and production staff.
· Review and validate installations and components through simulation, analysis, and test data interpretation.
· Support production and customer support in the troubleshooting of assembly and operational problems.
· Locate, retrieve, and deliver parts for testing.
· BaaN data entry.
· Provide technical support for Legal, Marketing and Sales, and Customer Service departments.
· Perform other related duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires a Bachelor’s’ Degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical, or Aerospace Engineering, and minimum of seven years’ experience with propulsion and systems installation development and certification. Pilot experience, airframe and powerplant (A&P) mechanic, and/or understanding of flight crew duties and responsibilities are preferred.
Working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) 21 and 23, drafting and solid modeling, and CAD (computer aided design) and CAE (computer aided engineering) experience is necessary to perform the duties of this position.