Electrical/Avionics Engineer (Product Development IPT) (Full Time)
The Sr. Engineer is responsible for the successful integration of electrical and avionics systems into current and proposed new aircraft designs. Produce electrical drawings such as wiring diagrams, harness assemblies, schematics, and installation drawings either manually or using AutoCAD. Provide technical direction to less experienced engineers and drafters involved in the design and approval of on-aircraft avionics and electrical systems. Prepare documentation in support of FAA certification activities.
· Prepare, review and/or check drawings in accordance with the Company’s Drafting Room Manual (DRM) standards & engineering design criteria.
· Using supplier / vendor technical guidance (installation manuals, drawings, etc.) create production drawings for electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies, harness assemblies, schematics and system / equipment installations either manually or using AutoCAD.
· Create custom avionics installation production drawings and documentation in support of fleet sales customers’ unique requirements.
· Prepare Engineering Orders (EO’s) in accordance with the Engineering Policies and Procedures Manual (EPPM) for the approval and release of engineering drawings.
· Prepare Engineering Work Orders (EWO’s) for the purpose of modifying, installing, testing or certifying avionics or electrical equipment and installations.
· Prepare, review or revise Piper process specifications, purchasing specifications, or other technical documentation as required.
· Select proper wire size and type based on equipment current draw and voltage drop limitations.
· Prepare electric loads analysis, battery capacity analysis, and substantiation / compliance reports in support of FAA certification.
· Work with other company departments (Flight Test, Manufacturing, Methods, Purchasing, Sales and Marketing) as necessary to support the company’s goals and objectives
· Work with suppliers and vendors to select any peripheral equipment necessary to support program goals and schedules.
· Prepare test plans and procedures to support development and certification programs
· Provide technical and troubleshooting support for manufacturing, flight line and flight test departments as necessary
· Provide technical support to Production, Customer Service, Quality Control, Purchasing and Marketing departments as required
· Provide oversight of junior or less experienced engineers and technical staff
· Perform other related duties as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires a Bachelors’ Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of seven years of experience in avionics/electrical system design, installation and support. A working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) is necessary to perform the duties of this position. Qualifications for FAA and ODA certification engineer preferred. Leadership experience and previous FAA certification designee experience preferred.