Back to Category List
Production Test Pilot (Full Time)
Department: All Openings, Manufacturing
Conduct flight-test operations on Company aircraft and inspect equipment and systems for certification. Interface with Quality Assurance inspectors and other departments within the Company, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and vendors as necessary. Assure that all Quality Assurance aircraft documentation and records, including completion of processes, are properly maintained.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conduct Out Factory Door (OFD) and Delegation Option Authority (DOA) flight tests.
- Conduct safety of flight inspection for aircraft certification.
- Conduct pre-flight, run-up, and in-flight equipment inspections.
- Check and test discrepancies for Piper Process Specifications (PPS) compliance and airworthiness.
- Perform Pilot standardization effort interface.
- Interface with technical representatives, maintenance personnel and other departments as required.
- Prepare data sheets and other forms to record results of flight test.
- Read and understand the requirements of Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) for certification of aircraft.
- Maintain currency and proficiency in all prerequisites necessary to be a test pilot.
- Maintain current charts.
- Maintain test and survival equipment.
- Attend classes/seminars to keep abreast of flight test practices.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Education And Experience:
- Associates Degree with a minimum of 3 - 5 years as a general aviation pilot.
- FAA pilot certificate with general aircraft, single and multiengine land instrument ratings.
- Current FAA Class 2 Medical Certificate and Biennial Flight Review instrument currency, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2000 hours total pilot time, 500 hours of multiengine time, 300 hours in complex aircraft, and 500 hours in general aviation aircraft similar to Company products.
- Knowledge of radio communications and safety devices that relate to flight test are necessary to perform the duties of this position.