Back to Category List
Sr. Engineer - Certification Support (Full Time)
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Provide engineering and certification support for the research, design, installation and reports associated with basic powerplant, mechanical systems, airframe and equipment associated with foreign certification/exports and COS activities. Assist in preparing certification reports, and foreign validation efforts. Provide technical support for Customer Service, Production, Purchasing, Aircraft Certification, ODA and Legal departments.
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Update or produce installation layouts, component designs, solid models, drawings, engineering orders (EOs) and specifications to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification and Company standards.
- Design new or modify airframe components, assemblies, and installations.
- Prepare engineering data for FAA or FCAA (Foreign Civil Aviation Authority) certification such as specifications, test plans, substantiation reports, drawing lists, validation plans, etc.
- Research and identify FCAA certification, operational and export requirements.
- Assist Aircraft Certification and Foreign Certification Managers with certification and validation activities.
- Assist Service Action Manager to address Continued Operational Safety (COS) activities
- Coordinate the purchase of components that meet specifications and design intent.
- Coordinate with contractors, design engineers, drafters, customer service, certification and production staff.
- Review and validate installations and components through simulation, analysis, and test data interpretation.
- Support investigations, drawing changes, risk analyses, and other engineering activities associated with COS items, SDRs, ADs, accident investigations and subsequent corrective actions.
- Support ODA functions to include, but not limited to, audits, training, certification research, document reviews, etc.
- Provide technical support for Legal, Marketing and Sales, Aircraft Certification, ODA and Customer Service departments.
- Gain and maintain familiarity with ODA Procedures Manual, FAA — Piper Partnership with Safety Plan (PSP), FAA Order 8100.15 and other applicable FAA/FCAA guidance orders and policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Education And Experience:
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent work experience), preferably in Mechanical, Aeronautical, or Aerospace Engineering, and minimum of 7 years' experience with propulsion, mechanical systems and/or airframe installation development and certification. Pilot experience, airframe and powerplant (A&P) mechanic, and/or understanding of flight crew duties and responsibilities are preferred. Working knowledge of 14 CFR § 21 and 23, drafting and solid modeling utilizing Siemens (Unigraphics) NX experience is necessary to perform the duties of this position. General knowledge of all phases of aircraft design, testing, approval, FAA certification, manufacturing, inspection and service.