Back to Category List
Procurement Quality Engineer (Full Time)
Department: All Openings, Engineering
Evaluate and monitor activities and methods of Quality Control processes, specifications, policies, and procedures; recommend and implement revisions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain nonconforming material matrix data for the purpose of quality reporting through the use of statistical process control.
- Maintain, implement, and monitor supplier control system, including Material Review Boards (MRBs) and Supplier Corrective Action Request as required.
- Analyze production and service limitations and standards; recommend the revision of specifications, policies, and procedures.
- Perform internal audits in accordance with the Quality Assurance manual.
- Interface with Engineering, customers, and suppliers on quality issues.
- Investigate root cause and corrective action for discrepancies targeted.
- Evaluate Piper Process Specifications (PPS), engineering drawings, and other acceptance criteria to verify quality characteristics or functions.
- Application of statistical quality control and statistical methods for the purpose of measuring and improving the quality of processes.
- Evaluate quality activity in various areas to determine process capability and control to ensure smooth, uninterrupted workflow.
- Implement strategic plans initiated by the quality department.
- Design, install and evaluate process sampling systems and statistical techniques.
- Recommend a strategy for warranty claim issues.
- Determine if the part can be salvaged and the possibility of using an alternate part.
- Review the Quality manual to ensure recommended revision in the procedure is instituted.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Education And Experience:
- Bachelors’ Degree in the technical area preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years within a quality capacity in a manufacturing organization with aircraft experience is preferable.
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing process and quality system, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requirements, and working knowledge of Windows-based computer programs such as Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project.