Back to Category List
> Available Positions
Phlebotomy Instructor (Part Time)
Location: Norwich, CT
Instructors appointed in this role will teach Phlebotomy coursework in both classroom and laboratory environments. Instructor must have the ability to demonstrate hands on phlebotomy techniques and skills to students per the standards of the CT Office of Higher Education.
- Represent the school in a positive manner with prospective, former, and current students, staff and the community.
- Present oneself in the classroom setting in a manner that is acceptable and consistent with program and school guidelines, policies, and practices.
- Organize and present various curriculum concepts to a wide range of students with varying backgrounds and abilities and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
- Supervise, demonstrate and teach students, in a classroom setting, proper patient care according to established national and industry standards.
- Evaluate, report and record student performance and progress.
- Responsible in the checking of examination papers, computation of grades and recording of the same.
- Monitor student progress and performance and make referrals when deemed necessary.
- Assumes responsibility, deal effectively with problems, and exercises sound judgment when making decisions.
- Schedules externships as appropriate and interfaces with extern site staff.
- Orders supplies, as needed, to support day and night Phlebotomy classes.
- Administer National Healthcareer Association examinations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the program director.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Candidate should be a certified Phlebotomy Technician with a minimum of five (5) years of phlebotomy experience and two (2) years of laboratory experience within the previous ten (10) years. The candidates must hold a national certification from an accredited national testing organization. The candidate must have at least one (1) year of experience as an instructor preferably in a Phlebotomy course of instruction. Proof of certification/licensing is required to be considered for the job.
- Possess strong human relations skills and abilities to effectively relate to diverse personalities.
- Read, understand and express oneself clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
- Be a creative, energetic, and self-motivated individual with demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
- Possess a working knowledge of personal computers and educational media equipment.
Preferred candidates will be certified/licensed Medical Laboratory Technicians (MLT), have not less than two (2) years of experience in phlebotomy within the ten (10) years immediately preceding employment, hold a national certification from an accredited national testing organization, have at least two (2) years of experience as an instructor in a Phlebotomy course of instruction, and hold an Associate’s Degree or better. Proof of certification/licensing is required to be considered for the job.