Back to Category List
Instructor (Part Time)
Location: Norwich, CT
Pay varies based on specialty
Instructors appointed in this role will teach classes in both classroom and field training environments. Instructional experience is required and instructor candidates must have the ability to demonstrate hands on techniques and skills to students per required standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent the school in a positive manner with prospective, former, and current students, staff and the community
- Present oneself in the classroom setting in a manner that is acceptable and consistent with program and school guidelines, policies, and practices.
- Organize and present various curriculum concepts to a wide range of students with varying backgrounds and abilities and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
- Supervise, demonstrate and teach students in a classroom setting proper patient care according to established standards.
- Evaluate, report and record student performance and progress.
- Responsible in the checking of examination papers, computation of grades and recording of the same.
- Monitor student progress and performance and make referrals when deemed necessary.
- Assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems, and exercise sound judgment when making decisions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Education and/or Program Coordinators.
Hold valid applicable instructor certification. Have a minimum of two (2) years of clinical/field experience in applicable field. Have excellent written communication skills and a commitment to the school’s philosophy. Should have the ability to teach traditional and non-traditional students from a variety of backgrounds. Must hold current CPR certification at the healthcare provider level.
- Possess strong human relations skills and ability to effectively relate to diverse personalities.
- Read, understand and express oneself clearly and effectively in oral and written form
- Be a creative, energetic, and self-motivated with demonstrated leadership and organization skills.
- Possess a working knowledge of personal computers and educational media equipment.