Back to Category List
Medical Assistant Instructor (Part Time)
Location: Norwich, CT
American Professional Educational Services is currently recruiting for a Medical Assisting Instructor. This is a per diem position.
Course Location: Norwich, CT
Course Day/Time: TBD
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- In-classroom instructor
- Topics covered:
- Clinical Procedures
- Administrative Assisting
- Basic Pharmacology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- General Patient Care
- Medical Asepsis / OSHA Standard
- Sterilization and Disinfection
- Infection Control
- Vital Signs
- Pediatric Examination
- Minor Office Surgery
- Administration of Medication
- Urinary System
- Phlebotomy and Specimen Handling
- Blood Chemistry and Immunology
- Emergency Medical Procedures
- Communication and Customer Service
- Medical Law and Ethics
- Represent the school in a positive manner with prospective, former, and current students, staff and the community.
- Present oneself in the classroom setting in a manner that is acceptable and consistent with program and school guidelines, policies, and practices.
- Organize and present various curriculum concepts to a wide range of students with varying backgrounds and abilities and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
- Supervise, demonstrate and teach students, in a classroom setting, proper patient care according to established national and industry standards.
- Evaluate, report and record student performance and progress.
- Responsible in the checking of examination papers, computation of grades and recording of the same.
- Monitor student progress and performance and make referrals when deemed necessary.
- Assumes responsibility, deals effectively with problems, and exercises sound judgment when making decisions.
- Schedules externships as appropriate and interfaces with external site staff.
- Administer National Healthcareer Association examinations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the program coordinator.
- Teaching experience
- Minimum 2 years in related field of study
- Must adhere to weekly class schedule
Maintain current on national certification. (CMA, RMA, NCMA or CCMA)