Competitive Wages • Excellent Benefits • Dedicated to SafetyVisit Our Site
Great career opportunities, excellent benefits, hardworking industry leaders. Are you up to the challenge?
We put a high priority on providing excellent career opportunities and benefits. We believe that in order to take care of our customers, we have to take care of our employees as well. Our team is always looking for hard-working employees to join us in helping to deliver outstanding rail services with a priority on safety, service, and growth.
Railroad Shop Repair Person 2nd shift - Erskine, MN (Full-Time)
Location: Erskine, MN
Job Type: Laborer
Job Title: Railcar Repair Laborer I Department: Mechanical Car Division: Northern Plains Rail Services
Reports to: Facility Manager Car Repair Job Status: Full Time Schedule: Varies. M-F, 12:00 PM - 10:00 PM with additional hours as necessary
As directed by the Supervisor of Car Repair, maintain and repair railroad rolling stock.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities at Northern Plains Rail Companies are, but are not limited to:
· Stencil letters and numbers on cars.
· Fasten parts of car using impact wrench or hydraulic bolt fastener for riveting.
· Remove and replace brake assemblies and brake shoes.
· Remove and replace uncoupling lever.
· Repair or replace steel sections such as side posts, rafters, crossties, panels, under framing, and piping using welding torch, electric welder, power wrench, and hand tools.
· Replace and/or repair gaskets, air hose, train line, etc., as required.
· Straighten and/or replace grab irons, handholds, still steps on cars.
· Maintain, repair or replace air brake pipes, valves, fitting, or other appurtenances.
· Remove and replace couplers, draft gears, and yokes.
· Clean and prepare surfaces of railroad cars or cabooses to be painted.
· Repair freight car sides, ends, doors and floors by burning, straightening or patching.
· Pull, push, and position heavy equipment or car components when making or completing repairs.
· Other duties as assigned by foreman/manager.
· Ability to throw/align a switch.
· Ability to be trained as track mobile operator and/or groundman.
· Remove old product from cars and wash cars using a pressure washer.
· Certified Welding certificate not required but a plus.
To perform this job successfully at NPRC, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
NPRC may make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the physical demands listed below:
Education and Training:
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties assigned.
NPR is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected under local, state, or federal statute, ordinance, or regulation.