Back to Category List
Student Conductor (Full-Time)
Location: Fordville, ND
Duties include but not limited to: Receives, relays, and/or acts upon oral or written instructions, to ensure proper placement of locomotives and cars.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Writes and completes work orders and time slips.
- Observes, interprets, understands, recognizes and relays signals from other personnel and acts upon them to ensure proper placement of locomotives and cars.
- Provides instructions via radio or hand signals to engineer to guide motion of locomotive.
- Tends and operates track switches.
- Lite maintenance of switches and track to include snow removal, oiling, track inspection and lite repair.
- Sets and releases hand brakes.
- Operates uncoupling levers.
- Couples air system between cars.
- Visually inspects and tests air brakes.
- Knows and understands the requirements of FRA Rules and Regulations.
Job Closing Date: 9/1/2020
Interested candidates may see HR for an internal application.
Contact Todd Gullickson, Manager Operations for questions.