Back to Category List
Class A Heavy Equipment Hauler, GF (Full-Time)
Location: Fordville, ND
Job Type: Truck Driver
Loads, secures, drives, and unloads heavy equipment tractor-trailer rig to deliver and pick up equipment and components at customer locations, Company facilities, and suppliers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities but are not limited to:
- Maintains Class A driver's license, acceptable driving record and current medical card.
- Properly utilizes company vehicle; operates in compliance with DMV rules and regulations.
- Participates in U.S. Department of Transportation drug and alcohol testing program.
- Performs basic safety and operational vehicle inspections before and after each trip.
- Performs daily / routine maintenance and / or mechanical repairs of assigned truck as skill and time allows.
- Operates a variety of equipment in order to move them on, properly secure, and remove from the trailer at destination.
- Demonstrates basic equipment operation to customers as required.
- Uses material handling equipment (loader, skid steer, forklift, etc.) to load and unload vehicle.
- Uses road maps for efficient and timely transportation.
- Maintains proper permits, bills of lading, invoices and other forms to account for pick up and deliveries.
- Maintains accurate logbook records.
- Works flexible schedule in order to meet the needs of the Company and the customer.
- Assist in the restoration, renewal, maintenance, and new construction of track structures as needed. Ability to travel. Overtime.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Must possess a current Class A commercial driver's license (CDL). Health card required.
- Able to operate heavy equipment or possess the comprehensive skills to learn.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the physical demands listed below:
- Continuous: Balancing, climbing, walking, sitting, standing, reaching below shoulder level, grasping control levers, vision and hearing, good hand-eye coordination to operate all controls.
- Frequent: Manual labor. Reaching above shoulder level at arm's length for extended periods of time, twisting, pushing and pulling levers.
- Occasional: Squatting, kneeling, climbing up and down ladder, bending, lift & carry tools, materials, equipment up to 10 lbs. & up to 50 lbs., lift over 50 lbs. Ability to throw/aligning switches.
- Overhead lifting, crawling on deck.
- May require travel to various facilities and provide additional services.
- Continuous: Must wear appropriate safety equipment such as safety glasses, hard hats, safety footwear, and hearing protection as required by the company. Exposed to noise.
- Frequent: Exposure to smoke, dust, fumes, odors, grease, oil, works outdoors in hot and cold temperatures and in all extreme weather conditions, works outside, vibration, works with moving machinery, works at heights.
- Occasional: Exposure to electrical hazards, works in cramped quarters, works inside, chemicals, stand on concrete, shift work, walks on uneven or slippery surface, wet conditions, works with others & alone, paperwork.
- Rare: Works with toxic materials.
Education and Training:
- GED or higher
- At least 1 years' experience driving truck.
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Schedule: 7:00am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday, (days may vary). Travel: Regional 25%, Production 80+%; Required OT
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties assigned.