Back to Category List
> Available Positions
Crane Operator, CDL & NCCCO required (Full Time)
Location: Madison Heights, Roanoke, Charlottesville, Richmond
Hiring CRANE OPERATORS
Apply immediately if you have experience operating Hydraulic Truck cranes.
- Current NCCCO Crane Operator Certificate.
- Current Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- Must be able to travel.
Operates gasoline or diesel powered crane mounted on specially constructed truck chassis to lift and move materials and objects. Assemble/disassemble boom sections according to job parameters an safe operating procedures. This position requires the use of emotional control and the ability to accept responsibility and sustain attention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of department/division to attain corporate goals and objectives.
- Understands OSHA and DOT standards and regulations relating to job duties and that working safely is a job requirement.
- Completes any required paperwork, physical exams and drug-screening.
- Attends site orientation and safety meetings, obeying all barricading.
- Becomes familiar with supervisory personnel, job activity to be performed, site hazard communication program, site safety rules and regulations, and site emergency action procedures.
- Holds post-job meeting with customer to review performance and have contract signed again.
Understands and complies with CSE, Inc. Safety Program, rules, regulations and updates.
- Drives crane to work site and meets with customer to review site conditions, job parameters, and sign contract.
- Decides whether or not to execute the lift given the conditions and hazards that exist at that time.
- Places cribbing and outriggers to prevent capsizing.
- Conducts daily inspection.
- Starts crane engine; Moves levers and pedals to rotate crane on chassis, to raise and lower crane boom, and to raise and lower load-line.
- Operates crane according to signals from helper and safe operating procedures.
Assembles/disassembles boom sections according to job parameters and safe operating procedures.
- Drives crane to next job or back to office following safe driving rules/regulations.
- Fuels and washes crane.
- Returns paperwork to dispatch office.
- Inspects crane for defects and reports defects to dispatch office using appropriate forms.
- Performs routine maintenance such as greasing, oiling, checking hoses, fittings, tire pressure, etc
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Climbing ladders, scaffolding, ramps, poles, etc.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.